Paginated Portfolio Pages Using Undesired Styling

Hello,

I have a webpage that was having issues loading so I reduced the number of posts and therefore the pagination was activated. I noticed that the proceeding pages are not using the same styling as the first portfolio page. Is there anyway I can be provided some code snippet/function or documentation to fix this?? Please??

R,

Gabe Neri
Director of Product
Owaves, Inc.

Hello @owaves,

Thanks for writing in!

You are having this issue because you have a slug conflict between your Day Plans page and your Portfolio Item slug.

Since your Day Plans page is using day-plans as the page slug, the custom portfolio item slug in X > Theme Options > Portfolio should only be using day-plan.

Please change the slug of the custom portfolio item to day-plan and kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello @ruenel,

Thank you for the swift response! I have made that update and it appears the four-column styling is now removed entirely! We want the same four-column layout with no excerpt text on every paginated page of the portfolio.

Please advise?

Thanks,

Gabe

I am able to see the desired UI now after I updated the /day-plans slug to “day-plan” on the page settings (not X > Theme Options > Portfolio) but I am wondering why this isn’t working if we use “day-plans”… That is the slug we prefer to use.

Hello @owaves,

I am able to see the desired UI now after I updated the /day-plans slug to “day-plan” on the page settings (not X > Theme Options > Portfolio) but I am wondering why this isn’t working if we use “day-plans”… That is the slug we prefer to use.

You cannot use day-plans because it will result in a “slug conflict” as I have mentioned in my previous response. It resulted in an Error 404 because you will NEED to set the portfolio item slug to day-plan only.

Hope this makes sense.

It does and I had made that change initially and did NOT see the UI update to the preferred style. It appears it must have been a caching issue because I just made the same change again, this time clearing my cache, and it all looks good now. Thank you for your time and attention!

One more question. We are hiding the portfolio filter categories by default with

.x-portfolio-filters-menu {
    display: none;
}

But the categories show up briefly each time a new page is loaded, and then disappear again. What is a better way of doing this so they always stay hidden until the View Categories button is clicked?

Hello @owaves,

Please make sure that you have added the custom CSS code in X > Theme Options > CSS. If you add the code in your Child theme’s style.css, it may have been what is causing the issue.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.