Pages not scrolling on mobile

My pages on this site get “stuck” and won’t scroll right away on mobile Safari.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for writing to us.

It is not possible to advise you without checking the exact page URL. It might be the issue of plugin conflict or broken HTML or JS/CSS customization, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I will try those four first and let you know. Thanks!

1. I have disabled all plugins and tested the site. No effect.
  2. I was unable to find the X/Pro > Theme Options > CSS screen, but I have not customized any JS or CSS
  3. WordPress version is 5.7 and Pro Theme version is 4.3.1
  4. I disabled the caching features of Jetpack. No effect.

It’s also hanging on desktop Safari. It’s just not as noticeable.

I also tested Chrome on my iPhone. It’s also hanging. It seems to be ok if I let the page sit for a few seconds before trying to scroll the page.

Hello Michael,

I tried to access your site it seems there is some security plugin installed at your and it is asking for OTP. I would suggest you temporarily deactivate the security plugin and then let us know. or you can copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site so please share your staging server details.

Thanks

I have disabled 2-step auth

Hi Michael,

The scrolling issue comes due to the second scrollbar that appears on your website, and the footer bar height is the reason behind the issue. And the double scrollbar appears if some of the element is taller or similar in height to its container. Here is in your case the Footer > Bar height and the Bar Content height are the same i.e. 45px and that is the reason behind your issue.
I would recommend you to increase the height from 45px of your Bar to get rid of this issue.

Thanks

I never would have found that. You guys are amazing! Thank you so much.

Hello Michael,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to reach us if you have any query regarding our theme and theme settings

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.