Pages not saving after update

Hi,

Several sites we run on X Theme no longer save.

With some testing, I created a new page and a section added content and it saved okay. I added a second section, would not save.

The new page I created is names Home-2021

Admin access in secure.

1 Like

Hello @denrob14,

Thanks for writing to us

Thanks for sharing the credentials. I went ahead and checked your site it seems that there are some JS console errors due to plugin conflict or JS customization.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi,

If you can’t minify your CSS & JS through WP Rocket (essentially through Cloudflare), how do you minify it and optimize for a decent GTMetrix?

I deferred all JS to load last so i’m not sure which script is running.

I will try to get it on a staging site and some credentials.

I was able to get it saving by not minifying the CSS or JS. How do I properly do that with this theme?

Hello @denrob14,

Right after every theme and plugin updates, you need to clear your plugin cache, site cache, and regenerate the minified CSS/JS files. This is to make sure that the latest code from the recently installed updates is loaded and not the old cache version. This is most common why the page is not saving after the theme and plugin updates. Now, that your page is saving, you can enable the minify option in your plugin, and then you can test the saving of the page again.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.