Pages not loading in cornerstone

I’ve tried all the suggestions I’ve found on the board so far:
this started when i updated X and cornerstone to the latest versions.

I’ll go to edit a page in cornerstone and the page partially loads but many of the elements just have a spinning circle that never resolves so i can’t edit my pages.

Things i have done to date:
-deactivated all plugins (except cornerstone)
-Turned off supercaching at Siteground after purging it
-added to wp-config.php (found the file in the file folder in my Cpanel: (not sure i did this correctly. i just updated one line to 256 and stuck the other line underneath it in an empty numbered line.))
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
-renamed .htaccess-bak and resaved permalinks…

Note that i am not hypertechnical (hence my use of cornerstone) so any suggestions you provide that involve changing code, you will need to give me details on where i access the relevant file and what exactly i need to change.

thanks for your help.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, it seems you already done all the basic troubleshooting, in that case, please provide us the site URL and login credentials in a secure note, so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hi There,

Thanks for the information!

I checked your site and seems all the content loading fine except revolution slider.
Please follow the solutions outlined at https://www.themepunch.com/faq/troubleshooting-tips-for-5-0/3

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Unfortunately, still not working. I tried the solutions outlined in revolution slider. We don’t actually use RS on our site on our real pages. I think the only place it was used was in an education demo theme i had downloaded to try out. I have now erased that demo page. I’ve deactivated RS and i still can’t access the research reports page to make changes to the text.

Interestingly enough, i was able to access that page in Chrome (can’t do anything in Edge). But i can only access the Layout section in cornerstone but can’t make any changes to the text and other elements on the page for the 2018 section. I can make changes to the old stuff on the page under Section 2. That section used “Classic” elements. The upper section (2018) uses the new elements.

It’s getting tedious not being able to update this page. Other pages seem to work. I haven’t tested every page however. Most of the other pages used the Classic elements and were created prior to updated X and Cornerstone.

I searched through the support files and found a reference to problems with php7.2.

I just downgraded PHP from 7.2 back to 7.1 and now Cornerstone is working in google chrome. (It still doesn’t work in MS Edge but i can live with that). At least now I can update my site. I turned all my plug ins back on and everything still works in Chrome.

mmm… That is a good point to consider. We will inform our development team regarding this. Any chance that you also share with us the 7.2 other reports so we can give a better report and add it to our issue tracker?

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.