Page Won't Update (Cornerstone)

I have had this happen on several sites with both Cornerstone in X theme and, now, Pro. Right now, I am trying to edit a page in Pro using cornerstone…or whatever it’s called now. I can edit the page and save it and it works, but if I try to delete a section or even move a different section to the top, then it will just go on forever without updating anything. Most pages update just fine, and this one was working fine until I just tried to delete a row and it would not update. As I said, I have had this, or something similar, happen on several different sites, with both X and Pro. I have disabled all plugins and it makes no difference.

Hi There,

There’s only 1 ROW on the first section. I am able to delete the text element. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbj66MlGu3
The row is default. We can’t delete the default 1 row. We can add another and delete it but the first one will stay. I put back the text element. Do you intend to just delete the first section instead?

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner—I managed a workaround on that page, but am having similar problems on others. On one site I cannot even save a new page with cornerstone. I can save and publish a page without Cornerstone, but as soon as I switch to Cornerstone and try to save (without even adding any elements) the progress bar goes almost to the end and then just stalls. I will send login credentials. I have deactivated all plugins and increased the PHP memory limit and max execution time on the server. Hosted on Siteground Cloud server. Contacted them and could not find any problems.

Also, SG Optimizer/Supercacher is turned off both on the WP admin and with Siteground. Some existing pages are editable, some are not. For instance home page will edit and save, Arcadia catering page will not. I have 5 X or Pro installations on this cloud hosting account and all of them show this behavior to a greater or lesser extent.

OK, so it looks like the mod_security ruleset was blocking Cornerstone. They remove that rule and it seems to be working fine. Thanks.

Glad it’s okay now and thanks for sharing. Yes, most security blocks request, the same issue with visual composer before.