Page opening in new tab and self

We are using pro on www.ripplesofgrace.com and when you hover over the give menu item and click on the give now link it should ONLY open in a new tab. It is opening a new tab and on its own page. I can’t figure out how to fix that.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! I can confirm the issue on my end too. Did you try disabling your 3rd party plugins to see if there’s any plugin conflict ? Also make sure to purge your server cache, if you’re using any caching plugins.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

We aren’t currently using any caching plugins because we are still just designing the site, and yes I disabled all my 3rd party plugins. (I have since turned them back on)

Hi There,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes, if that does not work, please provide your login credentials in a secure note.

Thanks

Here are my credentials:

Hello There,

I have tried to have the same menu settings in my local test server. I could not replicate the issue no matter what I do. I have tested both in the default header and with several custom headers. The menu item always open the new tab without opening the page in the present tab. I made further investigation and it leads me to conclude that this issue exist in your site because of your custom JS. You have added this:

jQuery(document).on('click', '.x-menu a.x-anchor-menu-item ', function(event){
        if(jQuery(event.target).hasClass('x-anchor-sub-indicator')) {
        	event.preventDefault();
        } else {
        	var url = jQuery(this).attr('href');
        	window.location = url;
        }
});

Please remove this code and test your site again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.