Page not mobile friendly?

Hi there,

I have been pulling my hair out for days trying to work out why Google keeps saying one of the pages on my site isn’t mobile friendly.

It is saying clickable elements are too close and content is wider than screen but I cannot find anywhere with a problem.

Is there anyway to test for issues? How can I find what is wrong?

Hey there,

Your page looks fine to me. The links are well spaced and it fits different screen widths. Please duplicate your page and remove one section and test it in Google responsive test again. Repeat the process until the offending section or element is found.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I did the above, and have isolated the area that is causing the problem.

The row has no links, and no content going off the side, and no errors in code. It is a pretty standard row built with Cornerstone, nothing flash, no extra CSS etc.

Can you have a look at this page - this is the row that is causing the errors.

https://flickdigital.co/services-test/

Thanks in advance - Jade

Let’s drill down a bit more. Please try removing the Flex slider. At one point when resizing the window, I see the slide element’s width was more than the container’s size because of a delay in the scripts responsive calculation and this might be causing the “content is wider than screen” warning. Try optimizing your images to minimize the delay. If the issue is because of the slider, regretfully, there is no solution to this as it requires size calculation to dynamically maintain the correct display of the slide and the test might see it differently. The slider might be causing the element spacing warning also. Please try removing it first.

Thanks.

Yes, it was the slider. I tried playing with the settings, but no luck.

That is unfortunate, it’s a nice element. I’ll try Soliloquy instead.

You don’t have to follow the warning on Google as automated tests does not take into account slider functions. What is important is it displays fine for real users.

Thanks.

Yes, but Google have said they are pushing down mobile search engine results for pages that it sees as not mobile-responsive, so anyone thinking about SEO needs to take this into consideration.

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback,

Of course every detail matters when it comes to perfection, but sincerely if you do everything right with good content and time I am sure this won´t stop you from ranking well.

This works like a guideline and not a radical border which will sink your website on Google.

Hope it helps