Page not found error appearing dispite backend page existing as live

Does this work?

Hi @KMCHTX,

It doesn’t work, please double check your FTP credentials.

Thank you.

I changed the password

Hi @KMCHTX,

When you set any permalink structure except the normal one, that needs to be written into the .htaccess the file of your website.
Here is your case, the file is not having the writable permission, to set the permalink except normal please make sure that the file has the writable permission.
[SCREENSHOT]

We have checked with the normal settings and seems that working properly.

You can learn how to change the file permission using FTP: https://wordpress.org/support/article/changing-file-permissions/#using-an-ftp-client
I would suggest contacting your Hosting Service provider to change the file permission for you.

NOTE: The FTP does not work for us, even with the updated credentials.

Thanks

I took a look @tristup

I changed the permission to 644. Still no dice. I am not sure what you’d like to see included in the htaccess file. So, I have had the hosting company prep the FTP details. They requested you use a different FTP server.

Hello @KMCHTX,

Did you change the password for your WP Dashboard? Please share it again so we can cross-check both your WP settings and your file permissions, wp-config.php and .htaccess files.

Thank you.

Here you go

Hello @KMCHTX,

After further investigation, I found out that you have added a custom PHP code in the child theme’s functions.php file that is causing the issue. I am referring to this code in particular:

/**
 * Some hackery to have WordPress match postname to any of our public 
 * post types. All of our public post types can have /post-name/ as 
 * the slug, so they better be unique across all posts. Typically core 
 * only accounts for posts and pages where the slug is /post-name/
 */
function vipx_parse_request_tricksy( $query ) {

// Only noop the main query
    if ( ! $query->is_main_query() )
        return;

// Only noop our very specific rewrite rule match
    if ( 2 != count( $query->query )
        || ! isset( $query->query[ 'page' ] ) )
        return;

// 'name' will be set if post permalinks are just post_name, 
    // otherwise the page rule will match
    if ( ! empty( $query->query[ 'name' ] ) )
        $query->set( 'post_type', array( 'post', 'event', 'page','event-recurring' ) || is_singular( 'event' ));
}
add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'vipx_parse_request_tricksy' );

Kindly temporarily remove this code and see for yourself.

Cool. Is this in the functions file?

Hey @KMCHTX,

Yes, you have added this in the child theme’s functions.php file that can be edited in Appearance > Theme Editor. Just click the functions.php on the right side panel so that it will be loaded in the editor.

Regards.

Great. I will try to work it out from here. Thanks so much for helping me with this issue. You all have been awesome, and super patient. Cheers

You’re welcome @KMCHTX!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.