Page jumping with sticky menu

Hi, I’m using a sticky header and as I scroll the page after loading the page jumps, or snaps up abruptly. Saw this in another post and made the changes as prescribed, but to no positive effect.

Thanks!

Hello @djguitar,

Thanks for writing in!

You can edit your custom header and add a Trigger Offset for your Sticky Bar element.

After doing all your site changes, make sure to clear your plugin caches first before testing the site again since you have installed a caching plugin, SG Optimizer.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi, I’m afraid this adjustment makes things worse. Firstly, it makes the menu disappear, then reappear after scrolling, and I want the menu to remain on the page all the time. Secondly, the jumping of the page now occurs as the menu reappears, so it’s doubly distracting.

I’ve put the trigger offset back to 0, as this was preferable.

Hi @djguitar,

I have checked your website and found the problem you have described here. I have duplicated the Header and modified it with the following steps.

Step 1: Create a copy of the sticky bar.
Step 2: disable Sticky of the first bar
Step 3: Make the second bar Hide initially and enable the Sticky

I have tested the header by assigning it to the pages and the page jump problem does not occurred again. I would suggest you check once by assigning the Header to the pages by setting the priority as shown in the given screenshot.

Screenshot-2022-05-27-184912

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Ok, thanks for this. I find it pretty odd looking as a work around and am left thinking that a sticky menu just can’t tradition smoothly from underneath a header to sticking to the top of the page.

I’ll have to rethink my design.

Hi @djguitar,

Please let us know if you need ay further help on this.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.