Page formatting, template not showing, not too sure why

HI , Since the last theme upgrade, has disabled some of the features and formatting on the page

Can Anyone Help ?

Hello Mark,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict or cache issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I’ve added a secure note to the message above containing the actual error in Cornerstone.

Ive disabled Cornerstone and a lot of the page is working correctly albeit slightly different than it supposed to be, a lot of code where text and website information should be.

So it seems to me as though the issue is due to Cornerstone

Hi Mark,

I have checked your website and found that you have updated the X to its latest version i.e. 9.0.8, but the Cornerstone is still in a 5.1.5 version which is way behind its latest version i.e. 6.0.8.

The issue you are having might be due to the incompatibility between X and Cornerstone. I would suggest you follow the below steps while updating the Cornerstone.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. After deletion of the Cornerstone, please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

Please clear all type cache including the Style Cache from X > Settings and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Ive tried deleting Cornerstone and loading it in again, theres a fatal error on it.

as for the " Please clear all type cache including the Style Cache from X > Settings and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser."

i have no idea how to do that.

As we know the issue is caused by the Cornerstone plugin can i install a previous version from somewhere until theres another stable version available ?

Hello Mark,

Please go to Tools > Site Health > Status and make sure that there are no performances issues. If there is one, you will have to resolve it first.

And by the way, since you have updated to X theme 9.0.8, see to it that the Cornerstone plugin is also up to date which is the version 6.0.8.

To better assist you with this issue, kindly provide us access to your site so we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Mark,

I tried to access your site’s dashboard but the given credentials are not working. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

1 Like

OK my mistake, change and tested user and login PW working

Hello Mark,

I have checked your site again and the performance issues in Tools > Site Health > Status have not been resolved. Please update your PHP version to 7.4 and make sure that you also update your WordPress core to version 5.8.2.

You may need to contact your hosting provider for further assistance in updating your PHP version.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

@paulabramsonmd:
Please create a new thread so we can respond and resolve your issue.

1 Like

All sorted now, host has updated the the PHP and Cornerstone isn’t an issue now.

thank you

You are most welcome, Mark!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.