Page CSS breakdown with WPML

When I edit and save a page in cornerstone, my custom page css breakdown in a single line strangely formatted and it breaks the display of the page. This is really annoying! It seems to be related to WPML, when this plugin is inactive the issue is gone. Do you have any clue what is going on (this may be wpml fault but a fix would be welcome - now I need to deactivate wpml on a staging website whenever I want to do minor edit).

Thanks so much! Awesome new website by the way!

Hey @avanaa,

I created a test page in your site (see secure note) and the CSS didn’t change whether WPML and its addons are activate or not. I also didn’t experience the issue in my test site with latest version of WPML and its addons.

Please try redoing your CSS. If the issue persists, please provide a screen recording so we’ll see how the issue happens.

Thanks.

Hello Christian,
Thanks for looking into this.
Maybe the issue does not occur with new pages!?

Would you mind going in “home” or “accueil” page, edit in cornerstone, check the css, now save the page, reload the page in the browser: the page css will be broken. (I just followed this steps and I can confirm the issue will happen)

Cheers,
Malik

Hi Malik,

This might be a problem with the original page creation and not related to WPML.

Would you please kindly test the point below first and get back to us with the result?

1. Create a backup of your website.
  2. Install this plugin.
  3. Use the plugin to clone the homepage.
  4. Disable all plugins including WPML except the Cornerstone plugin.
  5. Test the cloned homepage and get back to us with the result.
  6. Also please kindly test other previously added pages so we know if it is an only homepage problem or other pages have the same problem.

If the problem is happening only on the homepage, please check the cloned version of the homepage and delete the sections one by one and see if it fixes the issue. That way you will find the problematic section and you will recreate that section.

Thank you.

I could only observe the issue on the homepage.
The duplicated page does not seems to have any issue.
Would you recommend I duplicate all problematic pages?

Hey @avanaa,

Yes, please duplicate those problematic pages and compare it with the original page. You will have to follow @Christopher’s suggestion to delete section by section of the duplicated page to find out which section has caused the issue.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.