Page content not loading in Cornerstone editor

Hi, there seems to be a conflict when editing a page—the header and footer will load, but not the page content. However, the conflict isn’t present when editing a single or archive layout, or a header or footer.

I’ve cloned the site to a staging environment and am hoping you can help me figure the issue out. I’ll provide the site url and login credentials in a secure note.

Hi Jmot,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked your website and found the issue you described here. There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hey Tristup, thanks for the reply. Not trying to get down on you here, but, if you read ALL of my first comment above you would have noticed that I already copied this to a staging server and provided everything you need to log in to said staging server via a secure note. Sooooo… :grimacing: :face_with_monocle: … can you please troubleshoot now?

Hello @Jmot,

Please make sure that all your 3rd party plugins are up to date. An outdated theme or plugin may cause issues or conflict that could break the builder.

Meanwhile, there is a fatal error happening in your staging area. You may need to check your error log. We highly suggest that you switch to the parent theme and temporarily deactivate the plugins one at a time to figure out which plugin is causing the conflict.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

All of the plugins have been updated, and I was able to locate the plugin with the conflict: Toolset Views. And before you tell me to contact them, please consider this: the issue is isolated to editing PAGES in Cornerstone, but is not present when editing single Layouts in Cornerstone, or archive Layouts in Cornerstone, or Global Blocks in Cornerstone, or Headers or Footers in Cornerstone. All of those work fine.

Here’s what else I’ve discovered: if I remove the header from a page, it then becomes editable. The Header has 2 dropdowns that contain Global Blocks with Views in them. No where else in the site are there issues. It’s something unique to editing Pages in Cornerstone that is conflicting here but I can’t quite figure it out. I’m just asking for some help troubleshooting.

Hi @Jmot,

It seems that the problem with Global Blocks where you have used the Toolset shortcodes, so when you remove the specific header it starts working. If you deactivate the Toolset and use the same header it works too.
As it has been already recognized that the problem comes only when the said plugin is active, I would suggest you contact the Plugin author on this.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.