Page change from classic to cornerstone won't display

change page from classic content to cornerstone, and page doesn’t display when active…

I also read an old, closed post on the subject where the author wrote: “When I go in to edit an already established page, cornerstone just displays a blank page template. I don’t want to redo all of the pages on my site, so I’m hoping there is a workaround.” …and you told the guy to create more memory…wow. ( https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-doesnt-display-content-to-edit/41890 )

I think what he was looking for was more along the lines of what Divi theme does (one of the few that outrank you btw) …is when you create/edit a page using the divi customizer, it gives you the option of creating “new” content, or it does it’s best to create a layout with your existing content, so you don’t have re-do the entire page. If you guys ever got out of your little ‘X’ boxes, you might actually understand what people are asking for.

But…since X doesn’t have the option of using existing content when editing existing content with Cornerstone as it FORCES you to create new content, …so I did. And it displays nicely in the environment, but when live, all I get is an empty page.

this page https://everythingit.us/forums/ should look like this:

Also, I don’t know why the tab says “forum archive” …instead of Forums…do you?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for writing in, your issue and that other thread issue is not the same. Your issue is you use the slug forums on your page, you can edit that page in Cornerstone but you won’t see that actual page in the front-end, what you see on the front end is the reserved page by bbpress (see Settings > Forums for the other reserve slug), you need to change the slug of that page you created in Cornerstone to view it on the frontend.

X and PRO have a Template Manager feature where you can save your page as a template and load that template to other/new pages.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

well I commented because I ‘have’ the issue…in another context. The same issue. and I don’t think it was answered properly. I was just giving feedback, since the thread is locked It’s all I can do.

Anyway, I’ll look and see if the slug thing is the issue tomorrow…I never created a slug or changed the permalink, I just created the page and used it. Thanks.

Hi Donna,

Pleas let us know how it goes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.