Page blank when try to edit in cornerstone after update. Please help

Hello I’ve tried to install the previous version of theme x again. I’ve tried uninstalling cornerstone and installing it again. I’ve tried a lot of sugestions

Hello Mondi,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please confirm that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.0.11
  • Cornerstone 5.0.11

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Hey Mondi,

It looks like there’s a problem with your permalinks setup.

Please give us FTP credentials to your server so we could check your htaccess and wp-config.php setup if there’s something different than what we have where the builder is working.

Thanks.

Hi Mondi,

Thanks for providing all your credentials.

I just check your htaccess and wp-config.php file and they are just the same as what we have.

This usually is a server conflict with the X theme. Please contact your web host to check the error logs and fix the adjust the server settings according to what the error log says. You can also post the error logs in a Secure Note maybe we could point you to the right direction.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Thank you. The error log seems to be to big to post in a secure note. It takes a long time saving and then nothing seems to be happening

Hi @Vleugels,

Do you have any words from your hosting provider? If not, please reach them out so that they can help you to fix and adjust your server settings according to what the errors log says.

Thank you.

Hello Marc_a,

They have shown me were to find the error log. But it makes no sense to me and I tried to copy it to the secure note but it wouldn’t save.

This is what they now replied:

When you do an update and there is a change in the database, downgrading the theme will unfortunately not prevent this change. I checked with my colleague from the 2nd line, at the moment he can not find where the problem comes from. I can pass through a ticket for you and they will investigate where this comes from and how this can be solved if necessary.

Hi @Vleugels,

While your Hosting Service company find any solution, I would suggest you to troubleshoot the following steps.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. After deletion please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

I would also suggest you restore the backup, if you have the previous backup with last version of theme.

Please let us know if that resolved your issue.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.