Padding on Fixed Menu

Hi there, I am working on this site: http://petrosky.temp-website.us/

I was using X Version: 5.1.1 with the Child theme and Non-Profit explanded demo. The issue is that the client wants a Fixed Header but when that’s in place and a visitor scrolls down, white padding is added to both the left and right sides of the header. See quick video demo here:
https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbjVFklA7S

Also, the menu doesn’t stay fixed on smaller screens when the mobile menu is used.

Can you help me fix these 2 issues? All plugins and WP is up to date. I’ll send credentials privately.

Thanks!
Dawn

Hi There,

I cannot replicate the issue on my end, have you managed to solve?

If not, please provide a screenshot of the issue + let us know which browser you are using while experiencing the issue,

Thank you!

No, I have not solved the issue. I sent a video of exactly what happens. I just noticed that this doesn’t happen on larger screens, only on 15 inch monitors and less. Attached are screenshots too…

To replicate this issue, just make the window you’re viewing the site in smaller.

Thanks,
Dawn

Hello There,

After further investigation, I found out that the issue happened because of the custom code you have added.

.x-navbar.x-navbar-fixed-top.x-container.max.width {
    width: 90%;
    max-width: 1360px;
}

Please have it updated and make use of this code instead:

.x-navbar.x-navbar-fixed-top.x-container.max.width {
    width: 100%;
    max-width: 1360px;
}

The 90% needs to be 100% so that there will be no space on the left and right of the navbar.

I also noticed that you have installed WP Rocket. After making any site changes or any updates, please clear your plugin cache first before testing the site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

I cannot find the code you mentioned in my CSS area. Can you please tell me where you found that? In the mean time, I added your new CSS to the bottom of my CSS area and that’s working, but I’d like to clean up the old CSS wherever it is.

Thanks!
Dawn

Hello Dawn,

Please check line number 16 and delete the old code.

Thanks.