Overlapping two sections and trimming of the excess

Hi there,

I wish to overlap the footer (created with Global Blocks) of this page on top of the section above (which is a Google Maps). I just want the top image (with the construction workers and machines etc) to overlap the maps. I managed to do so with some tips I found elsewhere on the forum (adding top:-180px to the css of that section). I also had to add that same line of css to the actual footer, otherwise there would be a gap. So, there’s still a gap, just not between the footer and the footer-section created with Global Blocks but now it’s at the bottom of the website. Now the question: is there a way to get rid of the extra 180px that’s now at the bottom of the page? Or is there another way of making the image overlap the Google Maps that won’t leave a gap?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Delana

hey,

Please, could you explain your question better? It`s a little confused.

Hi there,

I’ll try to explain better: I’m building a website and that website has a couple of contact pages with a Google Maps in it. Below the Google Maps there’s a section I build with Global Blocks for Cornerstone to create an extra level to the footer. The top of that section contains a png with some machines and construction workers. I want that png to overlap the Google Maps. So far so good, I managed to get that to work by following some instructions I found on the forum. I added the following line of css to that section holding the Global Blocks: top:-180px;

Now the png overlaps the Google Maps. But that would leave a gap between the actual footer and the section with the Global Blocks directly above it. So, I moved the actual footer up by also adding top:-180px to the footer. Now it leaves me with some extra gray area of 180px at the bottom of the page. Now my question: is there a way of trimming of that extra 180px at the bottom of the page or make it go away? Or is there a way of overlapping the said png on the Google Maps without creating an extra area of 180px at the bottom? I’ll post two pages of the website I’m building in a secure note so you can compare the footers and see the difference.

Best regards,

Delana

Never mind… I finally figured it out myself. The affected pages need to have the margin-bottom of the body element adjusted with -180px. So adding that line of css fixed the problem.

Glad that you managed to fix the problem.