Outgoing hyperlinks not Working

Hi Themeco Team,

I am building my website www.betweapon.co.nz with cornerstone using X theme. I am using a classic feature list function and within the content of that function I wish to put an outgoing external hyperlink. No matter what I do when you click on the link it has added my domain name in front of the href="" and therefore the link is invalid. The two methods I have tried are:

  1. inside the content of the feature list I have added HTML code to produce a link.
  2. I have completed the LINK TEXT, HREF, and LINK TITLE ATTRIBUTE boxes with the “Link”.

In both cases when you then click on the hyperlink it will try and take me to www.betweapon.co.nz/Link which is not a valid link. I need my domain name to be removed from that equation.

The second problem I have is that I am using a Classic Creative CTA identical to that used on the home page of your Expanded “Gym” Demo Theme (with the Orange hover colour and appearance of a logo). When this is used on a mobile or iPad it does not work properly. If you click on it it keeps taking me to the top of my page. I need it to not take me to the top of the page and when I click on it simply change from the parallax background to the orange hover and logo row.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for writing in! Use an absolute link (the full URL) to the HREF field and make sure there is no slash [ / ] or number sign [ # ] in front of it (https://prnt.sc/gz85e2). Another thing, check your page content and make sure there is no unclosed <a> anchor tag in it.

That means you did not put an actual page URL on the LINK field, Creative CTA element suppose to be a linked to a form or to a some kind of promotional page. Regretfully you won’t get the hover effect on mobile, because there is no mouse hover state in mobile.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.