Ordering by Meta Value in the Query Builder

Hi @alexander!

I know this was mentioned a lot, and it will continue to be mentioned because it is such a fundamental need.

We simply must have a way to order posts in a custom way.

Looper provider’s Order By field has a lot of options, and it should have another one: “Meta value”.

If Meta value is selected, another field Meta Key shows up.

That’s it. If we had this, we wouldn’t have to build complex queries because Query builder was unusable due to the lack of custom sorting. Especially if we need to include/exclude multiple taxonomies and similar complexities. All this is mostly needed with custom post types.

How 'bout that? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Misho,

I will forward your feedback to our developers. I will also add this as a feature request.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Hi!

Oh, I thought I was posting in the Beta forum. My mistake.

Anyway, thanks for forwarding!

Let me add my vote to this feature request :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @Misho and @JvP,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Add my vote for this one too

2 Likes

Hi Scot,

I have added your one too.

An upvote feature would be great here. I would definitely vote yes for this - both for the order by meta value, include/exclude taxonomies and custom field dates filters. Trying to use Query builder is far too complex once you start filtering with custom fields. This is the biggest thing missing from loopers and one feature that forces me to go back to Content Views (they have an excellent filter system that should be copied).

3 Likes

Hi @Innovatek,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will add your one too.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.