Optimising

Hey @Kauwaka,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your website URL so that we can check your issue on your mobile?

Thank you.

kauwaka.co.nz :slight_smile:

Hi @Kauwaka,

I have checked your website on my Android mobile devices but didn’t find any problem as you described here. Can you please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem? I would also request you provide the specific URL where you are having that issue.

Thanks

This is off my iPhone

14…

The URL: https://kauwaka.co.nz/ and https://kauwaka.co.nz/te-pokaitara/

Hi @Kauwaka,

I have checked your website in the "Online Browser Testing** tool, and it is working fine. Can you please mention the device version, browser name, and version, and also the operating system you are using? That will help us to replicate the issue at our end.

Thanks

Hi there, when I optimise on cornerstone, it all looks good to me. But when I check on Safari through my iPhone 14, it’s like the above, off-centre and favours one side. It does it for more than one page for our website

Hello @Kauwaka,

I am seeing some custom CSS added to the elements. Can you please provide us with your WP access so we can double-check your settings? You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @Kauwaka,

By withdrawing the post, I believe you already have resolved the issue. If the issue still existed, you can let us know.

Thanks.

Hi there, no sorry, the information you requested is above in a secure note… Unfortunately the issue hasn’t be resolved.

Hello @Kauwaka,

This is because, in your Text and other elements like the Image element, you have set a width but forgot to set a maximum width of 100%.

Please edit the page and make sure to set a maximum width for all elements that you have defined the widths.

Best Regards.

HI there, I’ve just gone through and updates but the issue hasn’t be resolved… I’ve checked on mulitiple devices and the text and image is still off centre

Hello @Kauwaka,

Please check your margins as well because you have set a negative margin in the Text and Image element.

Thanks.

Hi Ruenel,

I’ve changed the margins, followed everything you’ve suggested and there is still no change. This has been an issue I’ve been working on for 9 days and cannot figure out why our mobile device options aren’t showing properly. Is there someone who can physically assist with this please?

Hi @Kauwaka,

In that case, you need to hire a local developer, and I suggest you consult with a local developer who can inspect and investigate the issue physically at your end.

Thanks

Hi there,

I’m unaware how this issue that is sitting on your platform is an issue we need to inspect, investigate and deal with my end? I’m just stating, that after trying your suggestions that nothing is changing the outcome…

I believe this to be an issue Themeco is to help with, not a local developer.

Hey @Kauwaka,

This is not an issue with our platform or our theme. The issue is your incorrect usage and correcting that physically or implementing the changes ourselves is beyond the scope of our theme support. That is why my colleague suggested that you hire a developer because any developer would understand how to properly set up the page.

Pro is a web development tool. Though it is easy to build pages as well as provides powerful options, every user needs to know web development in order to build your pages efficiently and correctly.

If you still want us to physically fix layout issue which you’ve set up, please subscribe to our One Total Care service.

Thank you.

Is there a staff member I can contact directly to help resolve this issue rather than the back and forth on the forum? The issue is only happening on one page - and on certain devices.

Hello @Kauwaka,

I have inspected again the container elements and I found out that you have added inline element CSS in the column element like this one:

$el {
  display: flex;
  flex-flow: row wrap;
}

@media (max-width: 767px) {
  $el {
    flex-wrap: wrap;
  }

$el .x-column:nth-of-type(1) {
    min-height: 320px;
  }
}

And also this one;

/* Columns
// ---- */

$el .x-column {
  display: flex;
}

$el .x-column:nth-child(1) {
  margin-top: calc(2em + 12vw);
}

$el .x-column:nth-child(2) {
  margin-top: calc(0em + 6vw);
}

@media (max-width: 767px) {
  $el .x-column:nth-child(1) {
    margin-top: 4em;
  }

$el .x-column:nth-child(2) {
    margin-top: 6em;
  }
}

/* Headlines
// ------ */

$el .x-text-headline {
  flex: 1 1 70%;
  top: 2em;
}

/* Buttons
// ---- */

$el .x-anchor {
  flex: 1 1 25%;
}

Be advised that custom CSS coding is beyond the scope of our support. As I understand reading these codes, you are using the Classic Rows and Columns which do not have the Flexbox option. The custom CSS applies flexbox to the containers which made it more complicated. If I were your developer or admin of this site, I would simply recreate the homepage from scratch using the new Section, Row, and Column elements instead because that would be the fastest way to fix the issue and prevent any complicated misuse of the custom CSS codes. This homepage should be recreated in an hour or two with the help of the Cornerstone Page Builder and the new elements.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.