Open graph issue - different data for http vs https

Hi, when you post a https version of my domain to the Facebook debugger or Facebook itself, eg: https://www.imaginariumvr.com all is fine. Data scraped is correct.

But when you post a non-https version of the domain eg: www.imaginariumvr.com or http://www.imaginariumvr.com the open graph data is not the same and wrong. I thought this would suffice. I’m using your Under Construction plugin. I added a force https rewrite set in .htaccess in an attempt to fix it but to no avail :frowning:

What am I missing? Is there a setting I should use to ensure the same OG data is passed whether a http or https link us used?

Thanks again!

PS: This arose from this thread but as it is significantly different from the initial question I set up a new one.

Hi,

As I have replied in the other thread, the data that is showing is facebook cache back when ssl was not yet added.

I checked google cache and can see the data.

This is Google’s cache of http://www.imaginariumvr.com/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 27 Sep 2017 20:52:07 GMT.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.imaginariumvr.com&oq=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.imaginariumvr.com&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58j69i59j69i60.5023j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Facebook can no longer scrape as http is being redirected to https by wordpress.

When you go to http://www.imaginariumvr.com/ in your browser it redirects to https-> https://www.imaginariumvr.com/

Hope that makes sense.