One Page Navigation Not Working

Hello!

I have enabled the one-page navigation and set up all my links to go to the sections with specific IDs. However, when I click the navigation, the links do nothing. Help!

https://sarahdunnband.com/

I disabled all other plugins and tried to use it with just cornerstone and it still didn’t work.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please confirm that your One Page Menu is actually set on the Homepage.

How To Setup One Page Navigation

The other issue that I am seeing is your version of X Theme (5.1.1) is not compatible with the version of your Cornerstone (2.1.7). Please update your X Theme to the latest version (5.2.5)

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello! I do have that feature activated on the homepage. I also checked on my current theme and it does not appear to have an update available.

Edit: I manually updated to 5.25. Cleared all cache. Still have the issue.

Hello,

By inspecting your page it seems to be setup correctly and also there are no visible erros on the console.

I can replicate it does not work, so please provide your wp admin credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Hello!

I sent my note a few days ago. Were you able to resolve the issue?

Thanks!

Hey There,

Where did you send it? Please post it in the secure note. Please refer to this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

By the way, I’ve checked the page and there is a section using the same ID. Please be advised the section ID or element ID must be unique. There should be no duplicates or else it will not work. I also noticed that there is a false entry in the custom JS section. Please remove it.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there,

I can’t find anything wrong with your one-page navigation setup, it’s active, the IDs are relative and the sections that correspond to that ID exist.

But I do notice that you changed your theme’s folder name, and theme name in which breaks the integration with the cornerstone. Could you try naming it back and let’s check it again? I could do that if you can provide your FTP login credentials and of course, only if you backup your site.

Thanks!

Hello. I went ahead and installed the default theme (version 5.25) with the folder name set as “x” and the navigation is working fine. My question is, are we not allowed to change the name of the theme? Generally, I like to use X as my framework but I make several modifications to it so it’s a little more custom.

Thanks for your help!

Hi There,

The theme folder should not be modified in order that the theme communicates well with Cornerstone.

You still can customize it.

Hope it helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.