One page navigation menu not working on ipad landscape

Hello there!

I’m working on a single page navigation menu, everything works fine, except on ipad landscape mode, the menu works only once, I mean, you tap on it and the first one works, but sometimes it don’t, and then, if it worked the first time, another tap is worthless, it doesn’t move the page.

This is an issue on ipad landscape mode only, everything in other devices work ok!

What can I do?

Hey @rulogrunge,

I tested your site in a tablet and the menu items did not fail. I just noticed some lag. That is most probably the issue you’re experiencing. You have a lot of sliders and images on that page so it is heavy. Though it looks good and has some cool animations, that is not good for performance.

Please try clearing your browser cache also. That might help.

Thanks.

Hello @christian_y

I understand the sliders and images issue, but if the ipad is in portrait mode, everything works fine, even in smartphones, it appears that the menu “stuck” itself on landscape, also, the sliders parallax effects are disabled on mobiles precisely for better performance, and they’re also very light, I’m thinking that maybe, building a custom header will resolve the issue, what you recommend?

Thanks!

Hello There,

Please make sure that you have the latest browser in your iPad. Are you using iPad 2 or the iPad Pro? So far it is working perfectly fine from out end. You maybe having a browser caching issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello @RueNel
I’m testing it on an iPad 5 (not pro) with iOS 11.2.2 and the latests safari, firefox and chrome versions, the issue remains the same in all browsers and only when I put the iPad on landscape position. It seems very strange to me that only in that specific case the menu doesn’t work, I’ve tried doing a custom header but I’m facing two issues:

  1. The active link does not work, in this case, the line below the menu name

  2. The dropdown menu does not collapse when you click/tap a section

Can you assist me on this please?

Thanks!

Hi there,

It sound’s like a javascript error, the scrolling and active statuses are done through javascript. Though I checked it on my iPad too and I don’t see any issue with scrolling nor active status in landscape mode. I’ll check it on other iPads with different versions, but I can’t guarantee any result as it may harder to find, more likely, I’ll just use a simulator. But this works on my current iPad and simulator.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.