On Page CSS now acts like Global CSS after update

I have specific code in quite a few pages but since updating Pro, the page CSS acts like Global CSS and overrides all the other pages.

For example, I set:

.entry-featured {
display:none;
}

For a post that doesn’t need the featured image to show but that now affects all the other pages as if I put it in Global CSS. Previously it was just isolated to that one post.

I’ve cleared all the cache’s, and cleared the the cornerstone styling cache.

Thanks for your help

Hello @cracker,

Thanks for writing in!

You CSS code is a general code. It should only be placed in a Page or Post CSS when in the builder.

If you place this in the Theme Options > CSS, it will be applied through out the posts and pages. Please provide us access to your site so we can inspect and know where you have added the CSS code. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel

This code is only in Page CSS or Post CSS like you’ve suggested but it’s affecting all the other pages.

Okay, will give access.

Thanks.

Hello @cracker,

It seems that you have added custom CSS code under each post’s custom code Post CSS box just because it is hiding the featured image from the blog page. I would suggest you please remove the custom CSS code from each post.

Or for a quick fix, I would suggest you please add this custom CSS code to the global CSS

.x-blog-masonry-active article.post.type-post .entry-featured {
display: block !important;
}

The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.In case you have no idea about coding you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

1 Like

This fixed my issue, thanks!

Hi @cracker,

Glad that it is fixed now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.