Old sections built on Cornerstone can not be edited

I recently updated everything and when I did I was unable to add or edit any classic content. I read another topic and I found out to toggle the “all classic content” and at that point everything worked ok for a couple weeks. Now, I can add classic content like classic text, but I can not add it to sections that I built before. When I go to drop a new content of any kind (not just classic) in a previously built section, I just see a blue Cube outline and I can not drop it anywhere.
I can go to a previously built section and edit what is currently there, like change the copy in the text but that is is.
What am I missing?

Hello @matlachawellness,

Thanks for writing in! To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to your site so we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @matlachawellness,

I have checked your website and found that you are still using the older version of X i.e. 10.0.3. I would suggest you update the X and the Cornerstone by following the below steps.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates.
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be on the latest version

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thank you, I remember being told that if I update x it will change a lot about the theming of my website. Is that correct? If I update x will it change the way my website looks? or will I need to redo all the original coding? My web guy who was a friend of mine, passed away last year so I am unable to clarify anything with him. Or would you recommend that I have someone update x for me? Or should it be a simple fix and am I remembering all of this wrong?

Hey @matlachawellness,

If you upgrade X to the latest version, it won’t change anything on your website. The design will remain the same. It is also advisable to update the theme to the latest version to avoid any compatibility and vulnerability of the code.

Just friendly reminder before you update the website to the latest version, please take a full backup of your website.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.