[object Object] in component parameters for choose field

I’ve got some parameters I’m using to switch between two different sets of values for a component I’ve created, but for some reason whenever I enter into the component, my UI controls look like this (notice the “Category Type” field):

When I click on the back arrow, the control appears as it’s supposed to (and works properly, too):

Here is my parameters JSON:

{
    "cat" : {
      "label": "Category Type",
      "type": "choose",
      "options": [
        {
          "value": {
            "color": "#a6380a",
            "title": "Foundations for Victory"
          },
          "label": "Foundations"
        },
        {
          "value": {
            "color": "#f26321",
            "title": "Areas of Restoration"
          },
          "label": "Restoration"
        }
      ]
    },
    "title" : {
      "type" : "text",
      "label" : "Page Title",
      "initial" : "{{dc:post:title}}"
    },
    "bg" : {
      "type" : "image",
      "label" : "Background Image",
      "initial" : "3952:full"
  }
}

Is this a bug or are my parameters somehow messed up?

Hey @bobbybosler,

Please try enabling and disabling the Breakout Mode. If you’re not aware of it, please check this video tutorial https://youtu.be/ZWEiV7brtJk

Enabling and disabling Breakout Mode doesn’t change anything.

Here’s a quick screencast of what’s happening exactly. When I click on a different section and click back onto the component, it resets to [object Object] as well.

I thought I had seen in another post on the forum that this was a bug, but I wasn’t sure if this fit into the same situation as that one.

I can confirm this behaviour since several release versions. I have several Pro installations with the same effect. I can also confirm, that I have read somewhere in the forum that this is considered as a bug. Unfortunately I do not remember which post.

2 Likes

Thanks for chiming in @raye.

@bobbybosler, I’ll post this in our issue tracker so this will be queued to be checked by our development team.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.