Number of Queries by Theme

Hello, I’m new to using the X theme, but not new to Wordpress development (started in 2007).

In using the query profiler plugin while trying to work with slowness of the X Theme system, I noticed that X theme uses over 100 queries on each page just to pull the theme option values. Isn’t it easier / better to just store them as an object or array in one option value? I’ve always understood that 100+ queries on a page is ludicrous for a wordpress site, and having over 100 just for options… I’m just looking to understand it.

PS, the reason I’m profiling X theme is because with just wordpress 4.8.3, X theme, x-child-theme (with zero modifications yet), and ONLY the Cornerstone and Layerslider plugins installed, the site goes to a crawl. If I disable either one of those plugins, it runs super-fast. But there is some kind of issue between the two. And to be clear… this is a brand new install of 4.8.3 from the gitgo, with only the theme and those two plugins.

Anyway, thanks for info and help.

Joe

Hi there,

Thank you for your input, we will inform your suggestion regarding the one object thing to our development team.

Meanwhile, the theme is working ok in our installation with far more plugins installed. Maybe the PHP memory limit plays a role here. I suggest that you increase the memory limit to 256 or better 512 MB.

You mentioned that is a long time WordPress developer, so sorry for providing the link below, it is just to make sure we did our job correctly and give you a proper refresher on how to increase the memory limit of the WordPress:

Thank you for your input.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.