Now to reassign actions on woocommerce - add to cart - and continue shopping

Hello its me again - andrew . - hope all is well and happy in X land :}

my site - www.nailcrazy.com is working fine at the moment . .but i realised on testing that i have some issues i would like to resolve - as it is - is not a nice shopping experience - in my opinion. -

so please note - i am not on child theme - ( its there but i can not use it because on child them - my braintree plugin for CC payments does not work )

so the issues i have are as follows.
in woocommerce - i have guest shopping - and on simple products - the add to card button is there - and with click - its fine -
however if you click the product to open it up - to see the details and images etc… - when you press the - add to cart button - the function works -but also directs you automatically to the CHECKOUT page. ( very frustrating ) according to my wife who is the sherif.

there is also a ‘continue shopping button’ and that takes you to the shop home. . . also frustrating .

and with variable products - its the same thing - no joy either.

So i need for both single and variable - when they presss add to cart . . the job get done - but NO movement to checkout. - no movement at all.

So the continue shopping button - i need to re direct to the last product Directory they were in.

Also - it would be super great to also give customers the releif as well that they can also find a ‘CONTINUE SHOPPING’ - button in the cart . . . the checkout page - and even my account - i thihnk . - on top in big red - like the theme :}

Thanks so i tried evryhting -and i even installed a plugin called WOOCOMMERCE Continue Shopping . . and set it up - but nothing changed at all - so i hopeing and thinking that most probley the theme templates are keep any change - and also hopeing that with a specific CSS fix - ( by my friends at X theme support ) - i can solve this problem - ::}

thanks- big hugs - andrew

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for writing in!

Usually there is a setting in WooCommerce that after clicking the add to cart button, a confirmation will display but it will go to the cart page. Please go to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > General and you can toggle the AJAX behaviour instead.

For more details, please check out this documentation:

hi again - big thanks for your help - im aware of the settings - and indeed i have them turned off.

but it still goes there . .
also . . .i notice also . .if i try to keep the REDIRECT TO THE CART - unchecked - and try to enable ajax below . . - i save the settings - then i purge the cashes and go back into the settings and the enable ajax is unticked again . …

and on the front - its still doing the same thing . .

so in stuck :{ - thanks
a

this is the css i currently have in theme options
I dont really see anything that looks like it will effect . .
but im hoping there might be a way to tweak from here - i dont know??

thanks again :}

.home-tab-img {
display: block;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}@media (min-width: 180px){
.search-results .x-main > article {
width: 25%;
float: left;
overflow: hidden;
position: relative;
margin: 0 2% 4.5% 0;
padding: 0;
text-align: center;
background-color: #fff;
}

.search-results .x-pagination {
    clear: both;
}
 .woocommerce-checkout form .payment_methods li:nth-child(2) label img {
  display: initial;

}

.woocommerce-account form .payment_methods label img,
.woocommerce-checkout form .payment_methods label img {
display: initial;
max-width: 150px;
}

.woocommerce-account form .payment_methods label a,
.woocommerce-checkout form .payment_methods label a {
display: block;
}

.payment_box.payment_method_paypal {
padding-left: 18px;

}
.ubermenu{
display: inline-block;
padding: 20px 0px;
}
#menu-item-12741.ubermenu-item > ul {
overflow: visible !important;
}
}

Hi Andrew,

Would you mind providing your admin login credentials in the secure note? I like to check it, what I’m seeing are multiple issues but I’m not sure if it’s related.

What does this mean too?

So i need for both single and variable - when they presss add to cart . . the job get done - but NO movement to checkout. - no movement at all.

You mean it should goes to payment right away after adding to cart? Or you mean it’s not moving/not working? Because that’s what I’m getting right now. I’ll check it once the credentials are available.

Thanks!

Hey Rad - big thanks -
to clarify . .

all im asking for is

for all products . … simple and variable . …
( the add to cart when they are in a category works just fine at the moment . cause the shop is set for guest shipping ) - and when there are with all the other products in the category . .they press the add to cart - and it works - and adds to the cart - and leaves the user in the same place. perfect

the problem is when they click on a product . .and get all the info ( some are simple and some are variable ) … as per the image - attached. … then 2 buttons pop up… add to cart button and the other - continue shopping…button.

and here is the problem - if you click the add to cart button - the items gets added to cart just fine . . .but the site takes the user to the checkout page. ( I simply want ‘nothing to happen’ - i want the user to stay where they are.

( cause if they are on a variable product they might want to choose another item from the same item ::}}

and when they press the ‘continue shopping’ - at the moment . . they get sent to the shop home . and i do not want them to start over.

I simply would like them to go back to the category they were last or where at were at - because
they might have not finished shopping from that category.

Big thankss

big big thanks Rad

ps im logged out from this so please feel free to use :}} this afternoon :}

Hi Andrew,

Based on your explanation, you don’t want a redirect on actual product page? I’m not sure if it’s possible since it’s solely a feature of Woocommerce. For that, I recommend contacting a Woocommerce developer. It’s only possible for products in archive pages like category and shop home.

And it’s my first time seeing a continue shopping button, is it custom? I can’t find any setting for that page and continue shopping button. Hence, it would require some customization too, and it would be a complex one since product can have multiple categories.

Thanks!

hi again . …
big thanks for at least having a look -
so is it possible to the add to cart button to NOT send the customer anywhere please …
cause that would be an improvement = in a positive way.

do you not agree with me that if you were shopping - and added 1 item the cart which you wanted to see full details and read the full descriptin - and you hit the add to cart . . you get automatically sent to checkout page . . . ( and there is no continue shopping butotn on the checkout page so you have to re do all over again …

its very sad and frustrating actually . .

please at least try to help me get this sorted - to just so do nothing when you hit ‘add to cart’ . - except add the item to the cart.

thnaks
as far as the continue shopping button . . i never really saw it before in my life - but recently i started making some products with attributes and variable not just simple - and this button just popped up . .

only problem it take s you to the shop home - not the actual ‘continue to shop from where you were before’… as in asking to have it changed to

thanks
a

ps i don t have any custom code or any thing of the sort . . . its all how it comes from you and them -
im not a coder sadly - and i dont have time either - but i do spend a lot of time trying to fix myself first - and then i try with server people - then in desperation i come here - and most of the times your help and advice works

i kindly ask you to help me look into this as it may of course do the same for others.

i have woocmmerce . . . some offical woocommerce plugins - and i have jet pack and booster for woocommerce . . .
nothing not out of the box.

thanks
a

Hi Andrew,

It’s not coming from the theme and I’m not sure how it was added. You can confirm that by deactivating all your plugins except Woocommerce. And something on the plugin or Woocommerce addons added it.

You will have to contact the plugin author that adds it, we can’t customize any 3rd party plugin. The only integration with theme and Woocomerce is styling and design, all functionalities are untouched.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.