# Nothing to Show Right Now string not found in WPML

Hi there. I don’t seem to find this string in the string translation plugin?

Nothing to Show Right Now

It appears whatever you were looking for is no longer here or perhaps wasn’t here to begin with. You might want to try starting over from the homepage to see if you can find what you’re after from there.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello @nblund,

Thanks for writing in! These keywords can be found in the x.pot for the X theme and pro.pot for the Pro theme. You should enable the Strings Translation section WPML -> Strings Translation.

Please also read about it in our documentation here.

Best Regards.

Hi there. I am afraid I don’t understand your comment, because the Strings Translation plugin is already installed. I also did scanned for hard-coded strings (cf. https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/).

For your information, I can also see the pro.pot in the wp-content/themes/pro/framework/lang folder.

However, I don’t seem to find exactly this:

# Nothing to Show Right Now

It appears whatever you were looking for is no longer here or perhaps wasn’t here to begin with. You might want to try starting over from the homepage to see if you can find what you’re after from there.

Perhaps I shouldn’t be looking for it under Strings? Any ideas?
Thanks.

Hello @nblund,

The keywords are there in the pro.pot file:

Line 8845:

#: framework/views/global/_content-none.php:14
msgid "Nothing to Show Right Now"
msgstr 

Line 8848:

#: framework/views/global/_content-none.php:17
msgid "It appears whatever you were looking for is no longer here or perhaps wasn't here to begin with. You might want to try starting over from the homepage to see if you can find what you're after from there."
msgstr ""

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi again. Please see secure note.

Hello @nblund,

Thanks for sharing the credentials, I went ahead and checked your Dashboard, you need to go to WPML—>String Translation. You will get list of strings here, Click on the plus icon to add string translation here.

Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Thanks

Hi there. I am absolutely certain that those strings were not there nor at the beginning neither after doing the scan that I mentioned previously. For the sake of your audience’s future leaning (!), what did you do anything to make the mentioned strings visible? Thanks again.

Hello @nblund,

I did not set any settings on your site I just follow the documentation as mentioned by @ruenel at my local testing site after that I was getting the list of string at my dashboard. I tried to find the same path at your installation. It might be the issue that you did not activate the WPML String Translation when you were trying to find the string to translation.

Thanks

Hi again. I guess we will just leave it at that, but for your information the string translation plugin was already activated before the issue - other strings were already translated and working as expected. Thanks.

Hello @nblund,

It is present in your WPML > String Translation.

• Please go to WPML > String Translation
  • on the “In Domain” field, insert “x
  • And then search for the keyword you want to translate

Best Regards.

That’s exactly what I did before I startede this ticket - only I inserted ‘Pro’ instead of ‘X’. Anyway, problem solved in any case. Let’s close it. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.