Not sure if Envira or X is to blame for a page not presenting its content

I’ve duplicated the issue on a brand new page and narrowed the issue down to the envira gallery shortcode.
We have other pages with Envira Gallery Shortcodes that are working fine.

The page that is not working are:
https://members.drericz.com/biblical-health-club/inspiration/

Thank you
MaryKay

Wondering how long it usually takes for a support rep to reply here?

Hello There,

Thank you for the post information. Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

I have inspected the page: https://members.drericz.com/biblical-health-club/inspiration/1
You are using shortcodes on the page. It isn’t working because WP Bakery Visual Composer is not active. Please go to X > Overview > Extension and install WP Visual Composer, activate it and this issue should be resolved.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you. I did not know that about the queue.

However, I’ve never used Visual Composer on this site nor do I want to. The shortcode is from Envira Gallery and is working fine on other pages. I use many different types of shortcodes without VC.

Can we suss out what is actually the issue?

Thanks
MaryKay

Hey MaryKay,

Thank you for the clarifications. I have investigated the page and upon a closer look, it seems that the page has suffered a fatal error. Could we please enabled the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding
define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

For example:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should see have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks @RueNel - and I don’t know what you did, but the page seems to have undergone a spontaneous healing. I’m going to just hold my breath for now as it had been working fine until about 4 - 5 days ago. If the issue comes back, I will run the debug. Going to keep this ticket open for a couple of days just in case it reappears.

Best,
Marykay

Hi There,

Glad to hear things sorted out on your end. Ruenel did not do anything, he just investigated on your site, it can be something on server side that caused and fixed the issue.

If the issue comes back, just reply on this ticket and this will automatically open.

On other note; I saw a mixed content issue on your site and it was cause by this image because it was pulled from your staging domain. Please re-set that image (removed and re-add).

Cheers!

Thanks for the content alert. Fixing.

You’re welcome, Cheers :slight_smile: