Noobs initial confusion and questions

I finally found the dark mode. I couldn’t before because the preference window didn’t scroll and I didn’t notice the scroll bar on the right because it was to small and tonally similar to the screen. Sometimes a UI style can be a bit too subtle. The designer forgets she’s communicating with users that don’t necessarily know what she does.

So -

When I’m in the edit header mode the fonts I’ve chosen to use don’t display. When I move to the page editor they do. Why is this?

Here’s what I set

https://cl.ly/cbfc7d9f5d42/Image%202019-07-31%20at%206.22.37%20AM.png

Here’s what I get in the page builder

https://cl.ly/5ee559ea9b46/Image%202019-07-31%20at%206.34.45%20AM.png

Here’s what I see in the Header Builder

https://cl.ly/97e3b033742b/Image%202019-07-31%20at%206.36.13%20AM.png

In the menu area I’m trying to get an accordion/drop down style such that when a top level category is clicked any other top level that’s presently expanded closes. I’d also like to have it all centered but I can only find the option for the top level - the sub menu items remain right justified.

I also tried to use the particle feature but it’s location seems set to the right of the menu items and there’s no obvious settings to change that.

Also, the scroll wheel doesn’t function in the inspector when it’s set to the side mode. It’s necessary to drag the almost invisible scroll bar.

I purchased the pro version as I’ve had nothing but trouble with every other means to make a right side header function. There’s a lot of hype out there. I also accepted the no trial reality as the site boast 24/7/365 support. Well … okay but a 24 hour wait is not exactly the same as that is it?

I couldn’t find a link to any video tutorials on the users dashboard or the support areas. I later found some with an online search. Why would this be necessary?

It’s reasonable to advise one looks through support posts before asking for help but the search function has not served me very well and there are hundreds of post to look through.

What I’m saying here is the support is underwhelming. There should be an area dedicated to any and all tutorials. Tutorials should be focused on limited functionality so one can get to particular understanding asap.

It’s not necessary to tell the customers they’ve endless options for creativity. Show us simple stuff - things that you’ve long ago taken for granted. If you’re going to teach a complex thing it’s necessary to first impart an understanding of the fundamentals it’s made from. If I setup the fonts I want to use in the prefs or settings mode I expect them to show up in the visual editor. They don’t as you’ll see in the vid below.

https://cl.ly/00bc29e586b5/Screen%20Recording%202019-07-31%20at%2007.07%20AM.mov

There’s of course a perfectly good reason why this happens …… but I don’t have any idea and I get stopped and waste time better spent on designing. I’m not a coder. I’ve no desire to be one. I want to layout a portfolio of the things I’m good at creating - objects (actual tangible things - not the bits of code that have come to be called objects)

I grow weary of waiting on support and delaying another day completion of a task I’ve been trying to accomplish since March!

And… as I’ve just been notified, I’ve reached the limit of posts allowed a new user.

Strange, it seems the new user would more likely be posting more questions than the experienced.

I’ll have to wait some hours before I can actually post this!

Thanks for your attention!

Hello James,

Thanks for writing in! Before you can use the custom fonts, you must enable the Font Manager first. You can find it in Pro > Theme Options > Typography. For more details, please check this out:

If nothing is working in your site, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hello and thanks for the help. I’ve attached a secure note w login. I’m not sure why the scroll function doesn’t always work - perhaps its a developer issue? Is it a Mac/Safari thing? Anyway I’m torn tween wanting to continue poking around and leaving things as they are for your inspection. Maybe LMK when you’ll have time to visit? Thanks again

Hello James,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I am unable to login as the shared credentials are not working. In other tickets also the credentials you have shared are not working. Please confirm the login details for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I’ve updated the login info. Sorry for the error!

Hello James,

We recommend that you use Chrome or Firefox while using the Pro editor.
Alex, our developer, find Safari and Pro editor has a conflict that may prevent Pro editor preview and panels not to work smoothly.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.