No Elements Displaying in Layout Design

See video. You see two issues. The first is the Row/column/headline/content itself is very hard to grab, requiring the selection of a different element (minor inconvenience). The bigger issue is that the Headline element and The Content is completely ignored as Pro editor displays nothing but the header and footer. What’s going on here?

Hi @co50,

Thanks for reaching out!

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your elements.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This is not caused by a plugin as all were disabled and this issue tested before writing you. It’s a bug in Pro. We’ve reported multiple bugs in Pro 4.x since we began using it on this site so there is already another thread with the secure note in it. I’ll look it up and add it here too.

Hello @co50,

Thanks for updating in! I have logged in and inspected your custom single layout. Of course, it will not display anything because you have disabled the Looper Consumer setting in your column.

I went ahead and enabled the Looper Consumer. The post title, contents, etc is now displaying.

Check your custom layout now.

That’s still a bug - and the reason is, the thing shouldn’t work if the Looper Consumer is disabled, right? Well the page works fine with it disabled. The ONLY thing enabling the looper consumer does is actually show the page content in the editor. So take from that what you will, but that isn’t consistent behavior. Either the page should break with the looper consumer off or it shouldn’t be necessary to enable - one or the other. Agreed?

Hi there! I’m having a very similar problem. I finally got my custom header to where I like it, but for some reason, when I go out to try and create page content using the PRO editor, I get nothing showing up on the back end or the front end. I don’t know what Loopers are or where to find them to try what was suggested here. This seems like a pretty MASSIVE BUG you have here, and I have a deadline this afternoon that I won’t meet unless you can fix this. This is pretty urgent - how quickly can you fix this?

Video diary: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l5sn40ba1tndj7/PageContentNotShowing-2021-02-16_10-37-01.mp4?dl=0

Just FYI that the problem persists even when I’m NOT using a custom header. This version of PRO simply will not display page content (Section, Row, Colum, Text - for example). This is VERY BAD. i just downgraded PRO to the “stability version” you had posted. Now I can see my headers AND page content.

I think you may launched the new version a little before it was ready. When you cannot have a header and page content showing at the same time, that’s kind of a release-stopper, isn’t it? I’m sorry - I hate complaining cause you guys work so hard and do some amazing stuff, but I’ve lost 10+ hours trying every possible way I can think of to fix it, and downgrading was the only thing that solved anything… I’m sure you guys are busy - I cannot be the only person dealing with this. I appreciate a reply as soon as you’re able. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @Jen6566,

There might be some different reason behind your reason, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue *** if you have activated the child theme.
4.CSS/JS Customization

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
I would also request you to make sure that the theme you are using is up to date, if that is not, please update it to the latest version i.e 4.1.5.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please create a new thread and provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi! I’d already checked for plugin conflicts before I opened the ticket. Unfortunately, it’s the latest version of PRO that’s causing the problem. I guess I didn’t make that clear in my ticket. The only way I was able to SOLVE the problem I was having was by DOWNGRADING to your “stability version.” I’m gonna have to create a second staging site before I upgrade it again - I’ve got too many hours into this project now to risk blowing it up.

To your other questions,
#1 - already did; it’s not a plugin problem.
#2 - yes, I’d say it’s likely an update-related issue. I’m working perfectly when using your stability version on staging: https://stage.metalcraftersinc.com/ - it’s 4.1.5 that caused the problem
#3 - I used the latest child theme I could find out here on your support/KB site, so it could be a child theme issue I suppose, but it’s your child theme I’m using, so I’ll still need help if that’s the problem.
#4 CSS/JS Customization - I’m not a coder; I’ve done nothing in this area.

Let me copy the site somewhere where it’s safe to try and upgrade it, and I’ll circle back with a private reply and login creds. Will it be another 48 hours until you can reply again? It’s painful enough waiting for 2 days for a reply when you’re on a deadline. Then I see the reply in my inbox, get so excited for help, and I see a standard form response that doesn’t help me at all. That’s what 2 days of waiting got me; honestly, just autopublish those instructions when opening a tickets - don’t waste a response cycle on it, especially when the response cycles are soooo long. Or maybe provide those instructions before we open tickets? That way, after waiting for 2 days, the first response you give me might actually address my specific problem.

Now I have to explain to my client that the theme developer I recommended can’t offer tech support in less than 48 hours. That’s probably gonna go over like a lead balloon - and it will make ME look bad, not you.

I don’t mean to be cranky - I love you guys. Between the licenses I have in this account + the licenses I’ve bought for clients who have their own accounts, I must have 25+ licenses. Maybe that’s not a lot, but I’m just a freelancer. And I’m spoiled by the efficiency of the support you provided when you were still a small company (I’ve been with you for a looooong time!). You’ve implemented all these big huge KB systems and Forums, etc., as you’ve grown - and that’s nice - but when we can’t find what we need, making us wait 48 hours for help just makes a stressful situation even more stressful. Seems like the bar for response times is set a bit low, don’t you?

Do you have paid support options where you can offer turn-around times within a single day at least? And I don’t mean the canned instructions you sent here - I mean actual recommendations for things to try that might fix the specific problem I’m reporting? I hate to pay extra, but if that’s what it takes to get support in a reasonable timeframe, then please let me know where I sign up? Again, I don’t mean to be cranky - I love you guys. But 2 days for turn-around on support tickets isn’t something you’d publish in your marketing materials - we can probably at least agree on that. Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Jen6566,

We are really sorry that you are getting a delayed reply. Any reply to the thread will push it to the bottom of the forum, and you have replied to the other’s thread which does the same. I would suggest you create a completely new thread and add the credentials of your staging server to further assistance.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.