No date, company name, comments in the posts

I would like to erase all dates (month/day/year) in the posts, as well as the company name. Company name is shown by mouseover in the carousel and in the subtitel under post-titles. See screenshot.

And all comments should also be disabled. Where can I do this? In every post or in the general settings of wordpress? In the general settings I could not find any possibility to disable. There was only possibility for settings the comments.

I use theme X and stack ethos.

Thanks for helping. I have a very difficult client!

Hey @Szczepanik,

Here’s the CSS you need to put in Appearance > Theme Options > Global CSS to hide what you’ve encircled in the screenshot.

.entry-cover .entry-cover-author,
.entry-cover .entry-cover-date,
.featured-meta {
    display: none;
}

To disable commenting, you can follow this article. Or, use a plugin like this.

Removing the author (company) and the date in post meta would require either template modification or custom scripting which is outside the scope of our support. What you can do here is totally remove the meta by going to Appearance > Theme Options and under Content, disable the Post Meta.

Thanks.

Thank you. This helped a lot!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.