nNeed help customizing lines

Hello Pro-Team,

I need help customizing lines:

On one page of my website (“GALERIE”) I have 1 row with 5 colums, Each contains one promo-element.

The promo-elements are linked to other pages and contain each one image and below this a line, then two lines of text and finally nother line.

It looks like this:

IMAGE
LINE
TEXT
TEXT
LINE

Now I want to adjust the distance between the text and the lines and the color and width of the lines.

I tried this in CSS, but nothing happened:

.x-line {
border-color: „mycolor“;
border-width: MYWIDTHpx;
margin: MYMARGINpx;
}

I tried also:
.x-promo-galerie .x-line { …}

and
.x-promo-galerie .x-promo-content .x-line { …}

With none of these trials I was successful.
Formatting the text this way worked.

What do I wrong? Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Franz

Hi Franz,

Thank you for writing in, I assume you’re using a line shortcode. Please add a CLASS to it (e.g. [x_line class="custom-line"]) and use that CLASS to target the lines with CSS.

hr.custom-line {
	border-color: red;
	margin-top: 3em;
	margin-bottom: 3em;
}

border-color is the one that controls the color of the line, and top and bottom margin is the space between the text and lines.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1* !
Thank you!

Franz

Hey,

You are welcome!