Newest Update - Multiple Broken Elements

After the latest update 4.1.3 multiple elements broke on my site. Slider Revolution is not showing up on my homepage. Icon elements are not showing on the homepage, background images/videos are not working. The text animation element is not working and neither are embedded videos. (all on the homepage). Other pages look, okay, but some elements are broken on there as well. Dropdowns in headers and footers have completely stopped working. I am downloading a backup to restore to the previous version before this update, since I tried just rolling back the theme and that did not seem to fix the issue. I will try to hold off for someone to take a look, but we need our site up and running.

So, when inspecting the site, it appeared that in Chrome it was having errors connecting to Javascript. Firefox also showed some errors, but not as many items were broken, the video elements were not working, but slider, icons, and dropdowns were.

I restored a backup of the theme files and that did not repair it, then I restored a backup of the entire site files, which also did not fix anything. Finally I restored the database, which fixed everything. With the restore I have version 4.0.11 installed.

I know there isn’t anything for anyone to look at anymore, after restoring everything, but I could not leave the site broken. My best guess would be it had something to do with the database and the update combined, since just restoring previous files did not repair the issues. We have a few sites using the theme, so I will probably test the update on a more low traffic site and see if anything happens again.

Here are a few screenshots:

Chrome with multiple issues revolution slider just showed the full section as white):

Firefox with the same sections, not broken:

Firefox from the same load as above, not showing the video section:

The icon section error, happens in IE, but we don’t really support that anymore, based on our analytics.

Sorry there isn’t more to look at since I restored to previous versions, but once I test thing in a different site, or a testing environment I will update. Thanks!

Hi @ArizonCo,

Thanks for reaching out.

I suggest that you update your website to your staging area and then there could be a plugin or custom code that affects the elements.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.


Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

  • WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.