New X Version - Broken images on 5.2.5

Recently a client of mine contacted me saying the images of his site are not displaying correctly. This happened during a recent update in theme version.

The site is located at 911fleet.com

Currently I have v. 5.2.5 installed, and I’ve experienced some issues with the images. After looking into the latest versions, it appears v. 6.0.1 is released, but my wordpress X tab says that I have the latest update.
I noticed that there is also a stability release 4.6.4.

All I wish to do is have my images fixed. It is a relatively new site, so no major production will be taking place anytime soon. If this is a simple fix of changing versions, please let me know.

Thank you.

Hello @GeoffreyPearson,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear you’re experiencing some issues. After reviewing your website, I can see that the broken images you’re referencing are coming from a URL other than your website. This would indicate that you’re likely using some type of caching plugin, or perhaps a CDN to help distribute your images. If the images are not loading correctly from a CDN or a caching plugin you’re using is having a conflict of some sort, this could be the cause of your issue. Please review the Update Guide (currently linked in the notice at the top of the site) and ensure that you have run through all of the proper steps when updating your website, including the clearing of any caches, et cetera. Often times, when these things arise it is usually due to something covered in this article.

If you are still experiencing issues, you may want to try completely disabling any plugins you have that are performing caching/CDN duties, to see if that relieves things. If you are happening to use a CDN and are still having problems, you may need to contact whoever is in charge of that service for you to see if they can assist you with this.

Hopefully this helps to point you in the right direction.

Thank you for your help. That was the issue and I was able to solve with your instructions.

You’re welcome, @GeoffreyPearson.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.