New website & Google Analytics account

I found a topic related to my issue: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/google-tag-manage-and-google-analytics/8966/6. I have followed all of the steps to edit line 30 to make it work, however the website (allamericancleaningservices.us) showed the correct code but did not show any live traffic even though I was on the site through 3 different devices.

I then found a Google Developers blog post to use the old UA tagging code and that is what is live now. Still no live traffic on the site but the code is present.

What could be wrong?

Hi there @Tolliver,

Thanks for writing in!

Please provide a link to your site so I can check the output of the Google code to ensure there aren’t any errors and that data is being collected.

Thanks!

Right now I am using the older UA implementation, but I can update and put back in the GTAG tag manager version if you want to see that as well.

Thank you

I just checked real-time analytics now and it is working. I still have the old UA implementation in place but would like to use the new GTAG when the next update comes out. Any idea when that will be?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi there,

It should work, the plugin is just a way to embed the code google analytics or tag manager. There is no distinction if it’s analytics or googles tag manager since you’re just pasting an embed code. The fix provided in that thread is not about either of the two, but a general fix since script tags are being removed.

And as by checking the embed code is yes displaying in the source code, which means, even the google tag manager embed code should be displayed as well. How about implementing the google tag manager and we’ll confirm if it’s being displayed?

Thanks!