New webpage with Cornerstone

When I launch Cornerstone it just takes me to my released webpage with no way to change it. How do I launch Cornerstone to produce a new webpage? I’m in my wordpress dashboard to launch Cornerstone I paid to have Cornerstone installed.

Hi There,

If you have installed and validated your Cornerstone plugin as per the instructions, you can create a new page.

On Wordpress classic backend editor you will find the tab, Edit with Cornerstone.

Once the page has been edited with Cornerstone you can hover the Wordpress Top admin Bar > Cornerstone > Edit Page.

Hope it helps!

Well when I choose Cornerstone Tab it warns me the present content will be modified. So I say yes proceed. Then I get to a a screen that has the Cornerstone icon in the center with the button “Edit With Cornerstone” Pressing that takes me to my existing released web page with no mods possible. So I’m at the point I was before.

Hi There,

If your page was created outside of Cornerstone, you cannot edit with Cornerstone, unless you agree to lose the content as the alert tells you.

If you created a page in Cornerstone, and edited using WP classic backend editor, you also won’t be able to edit that page again with Cornerstone.

If you are facing a different issue, please describe in detail and provide your WP admin credentials so we can take a closer look.

Thank you

I guess my issue boils down to wanting to create a new page using Cornerstone not associated with my existing website. Perhaps I’m missing something very fundamental.

Hi there,

I think you miss an important step when you add a new page and that is to save the page before trying to do anything with Cornerstone. Kindly add a new page and then immediately click on the Publish button. After that you can select the Cornerstone tab and click on the Edit With Cornerstone button.

If you still have problems regarding this kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.