New User - Problems with page templates and usability

Hi, new user here.

First off, I feel like it should be said that the Cornerstone editor and the X interface overall isn’t very beginner friendly and in my opinion, the cornerstone editor is very cumbersome and awkward to use.

After installing the theme and doing some basic edits, it really looks like there’s very few options to really modify the look of the template. I was hoping for something to allow me to build the home page I wanted, from top down, but the options are very limited here, unless I’m missing something else I have to purchase and install.

The guide that comes with the download says there are blank page templates but I haven’t been able to find them anywhere and there’s no mention of where’d you get them in the guide… While better than Scalia, I feel like the overall approach has a lot to improve before it’s inviting to someone who’s not a professional wordpress user and who just wants to customize a page and change some elements.

Overall it’s just extremely cumbersome… not right for a beginner looking for a template they can jump into modifying.

Hello Patrick,

Thank for writing in!

To get you started with Cornerstone, please check out these knowledge base articles:

And to know more about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.