New User Can't Access Demo Content or Install Any Extensions

Hello. I just installed X Theme and received the “install was successful” message; however I can’t use the demo content or any of the extensions. I can see the demo content box, but mine is empty and on some tutorials I’ve watched other people have the word “agency” in their demo boxes, but mine is blank. When I click on the box, it shows a drop down menu with the words “Standard Demos” and “Expanded Demos” in bold, but I can’t click on either one and there are no other drop down menus available. Below that area, I see the word “Extensions” with a lot of boxes showing various extensions, but when I click on “Install” nothing happens.

Any help would really be appreciated !

Hi there @ApprovedProducts,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear of the issues you’re having here. Something definitely doesn’t sound right.

Please include a link to your site and WP Admin login details in a secure note and we’ll take a look at what’s happening here.

Thanks!

Hi there @ApprovedProducts,

Thanks for including the login details.

I’ve checked the site and the issue is that you’re running an older version of X. When using X it must be kept up to date alongside Cornerstone.

Once you update X, everything will then work correctly.

Thanks!

Hello Jack

Thank you for your help. I have updated my X theme to 5.2.3 and I can now open the demo content and extensions.

When I downloaded X-theme from the Envato a few days ago, it downloaded version 4.8.2. The next day, I was prompted to update to version 5.1.1. I never did see a prompt to update the version again until today after getting your email.

Thanks again…I do appreciate your help.

Laura

Hello again !

So…today I am once again unable to open the demo content or any of the extensions. Yesterday, I updated the X theme to the newest version 5.2.3 and for awhile, I could see the demo content and I was able to upload the extensions, but I was never able to upload the demo content (kept getting the “we’re sorry, the demo failed to finish importing”. The revolution slider was active and the theme up to date, so have no idea why I couldn’t import the content. Today, though, I can’t even see the demo content boxes (this was my initial problem). Any idea why the theme is so buggy on my WP site?

We’re really sorry about this. I see you’re using a caching plugin, would you mind clearing all caches and deactivate it?

Please also give us cPanel access so we could investigate deeper.

Thanks.

Hi Christian.

Thank you for contacting me. I have tried clearing all caches and deactivating same with no success. I think at this point, I think I’m just going to use another theme…I’m afraid I’ve just lost faith that X-Theme will work for me, and there has been a bit of a delay between the time I submit my support tickets and the length of time it takes to get a reply. A friend of mine has X-Theme and has never had to wait more than 4 hours for a reply. . I do appreciate your help though.

Hi There,

I have tried to investigate this issue but then I’ve got a white screen. If you provide your FTP credentials in a secure note, we can check this issue for you.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.