New text element default font color

Every time that I create a new text element, it default color is black:

Even though I have my site-wide settings for body text to be #7a7a7a

How can I get the new text element to use my settings by default so that I don’t have to go and change the color every single time that I make a new text element?

Hi There,

Please try adding this custom CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-text {
color: #7a7a7a;
}

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks. However, it doesn’t do anything. I add a new v2 text element and it is still black by default, ignoring my global body text setting. Why make it override the global setting in the first place? The new v2 buttons do this too, ignores the global button settings and makes you set each button up from scratch every time… why?

Hi There,

V2 elements are designed to have independent settings. Please use the Classic Text element instead if you need the text to inherit the Customizer settings.

Regretfully, changing the default color on color picker is something beyond what’s technically possible right now. Ideally, you need to set your color palette first under Templates > Colors and then use that colors throughout your site.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.