New Slider Issue on iOS

Hi folks,

Love the new Slider element—can’t wait to use some loopers!

But I’m having some very specific issues on iOS here: https://metroconnections.com/

Using Browserstack, I can see that the issues appear to be on iPhone 10 and below. Two issues:

1. The slider doesn’t get fully loaded, so opacity: 0 remains. I was able to get around this by overriding the !important (lol):

.x-slide-container-viewport:not(.is-ready) .x-slide {
opacity: unset !important;
}

1. Slide navigation doesn’t work! Console doesn’t throw off errors either. I’m wondering if there’s some JS hanging around that says :not(.is-ready) don’t allow the navigation?

Thanks!

Luke

Hello Luke,

Thanks for writing in! You may be having a caching issue. We can see that you are using the WP Rocket plugin. Please check out this documentation:

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, please reply below, including login details to your site in a secure note, so that we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,

Thanks, but I don’t think this is a plugin conflict—I’m 99% sure!

The new Slider elements works great on Chrome, Chrome iOS, FireFox, Android, Safari, etc.

Only Safari iOS 10 and below appears to have an issue—Safari iOS is going to be receiving the same cached stylesheet and JS that the other browsers receive (and process correctly). My guess is that it’s some dumb Safari iOS bug (but I couldn’t ferret out what was going on—I think there’s some on-fully-loaded triggers?).

I can live with the issue (probably), but being that this is a new element that’ll likely get a lot of attention, I thought you might want to nip it in the bud.

If you think it’d be helpful to get credentials to the site, let me know and I can do the secure note (but the slider is as vanilla as it gets so…).

Thanks! Luke

Hey Luke,

I’ll post your findings in our issue tracker so this will be queued for investigation by our development team.

Thank you for reporting.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.