New Pro release questions and Pro Website testimonials

Thank you for the latest upgrade of Pro builder. It looks really nice and start to look into revamping one of my websites with Layout Builder.

1. I understand that we can create our own sidebar in the Layout builder, which would appear on all the assigned pages. But it has to come together with designed posts elements, right? I cannot expect that the new posts/archive layout will display new sidebar only and the posts will appear as before?
  2. And for the Single Layout, can we design it for all the single posts, but later change things individually in those posts using Pro? I mean adding content that could not come out from the loopers in any way, it has to be added manually.
  3. Lastly I reaaly like the testimonials on your website. Could share some info on how it was made? And is there a chance it may be added to the Design Cloud? I have attached a screenshort of that element.

Hi @tashitendrel,

Thanks for reaching out and we’re glad to hear you’re enjoying the Layout Builder so far.

1. A designed sidebar in and of it’s self isn’t assignable Globally. You would need to create a Single Layout and an Archive Layout that include your sidebar and assign both of those to various contexts on your site. A good place to start is creating a new single layout and clicking “Use Template” than choosing one with a sidebar. You can use the Widget Area element to connect that area to any WordPress widgets you want to use.

2. Whenever you build a Single Layout there’s an element called “The Content” which will determine where the actual post content is output. If you build the posts in the Content builder, it will output your fully designed content in that area. You can’t customize the layout from within an individual post, but you could duplicate your layout and assign it only to one post. That would give you even more design flexibility.

3. Regretfully we don’t have a way to do that testimonial design in Pro right now. It might be possible with quite a bit of custom development and javascript, but it’s too involved for us to help with in support. We are however planning to make new Slider and Carousel elements. Once those are available it might be possible to natively create something along the lines of the testimonial slider you’re seeing.

Thank you for such clear and comprehensive answers. I look foreword to the new elements.

You’re very welcome, @tashitendrel!

Hello @alexander,
One more thing I would like to clarify about dynamic output of the post content. As you wrote in the point 2 of your reply to the author of the thread you have special element called “The Content”. But it is limited in terms of the styling settings. What if I would like to output all the content inside text columns like in “Text” element. I tried to use “Text” element instead but could not find the way how to link it to the full content of the post. It looks like “The Content” element is the only way to output it. Is there a solution for that?

Hello @imdyakov,

The Content element is a container for the content of your post to be displayed in your customs post layout. You still have to create/edit each of your posts. Any styling that you have added using the Gutenberg editor should display on the content element. If you want to make text columns, you will have to do it in the Gutenberg editor instead.

Please refer to this article:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.