New Gallery Item Deletes Rest of Gallery

When I add new gallery items to a gallery from my library it deletes everything that was in it already. This doesn’t happen when I upload a new picture, only from the library.

Hello @The_Yarnslayer,

Thanks for writing in! This should not happen. Is there any 3rd party plugin installed? It could be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, please reply below, including login details to your site in a secure note, so that we can investigate further. You can add a secure note by clicking on the key icon underneath your post and then entering the details into the modal that appears. This way, the information will only be seen by you and us. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks, I wasn’t able to solve the problem with any of those steps. I’ve added the requested info in a secure note.

Hi @The_Yarnslayer,

It seems that there is an IP restriction implemented on your site, and we are not able to access your website to examine. We are from different parts of the World and most of us have a dynamic IP so we can’t provide a specific IP address for whitelisting too.

Alternatively, I would suggest you remove the IP(s) restrictions or you can copy your live site to a staging server without IP restrictions, so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your site.

Thanks

I disabled a plugin that might be causing IP restrictions. Let me know if it works or not.

Thanks!

Hello @The_Yarnslayer,

I am still seeing the same. I am blocked.

See the secure note below.

Thanks.

Just making sure, you clicked “I’m not a robot” and then unblock? I can look into it further.

It says that you exceeded login attempts by a IP address. I was able to login with the account info we created for you.

Hey @The_Yarnslayer,

Please disable that IP restriction. I clicked “I’m not a robot” and the Unblock button many items but still get redirected to the same captcha page.

Before we proceed, you said no troubleshooting step helped fix the issue. That means you switched to the default theme and the issue persisted. Our theme is not the issue then. That has to do with your server setup.

Moreover, I tested adding items to an existing gallery in my test site but the gallery doesn’t get wiped out. Existing images in the library are added successfully. Note that because nothing in your posts specifies your exact setup, I assume you’re using the Text editor and adding the WordPress Gallery via the Rich Text editor.

Anyway, we can confirm that if you disable the IP restriction. If that can’t be disabled, regretfully, we can’t confirm and we’ll close the thread because there will be no end to this discussion.

I hope you understand.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.