New Forum Feedback

Hi!

I like the new look of the forum and the website!

I have noticed two UX issues:

1. When posting on long threads, like the Showcase, we need to scroll a lot down to reach the Reply button. I know this is how forum threads supposed to work, but maybe such official long threads should be solved differently then.

2. When we log-in, the first thing we see the greeting and the message that says "Select a product or service to get started, on an empty dashboard. This is at https://theme.co/account/dashboard. The only product or service visible is a single license. If we are logging in to check forum replies and status, it turns out that the only way to get this is to click the @username link, which is very non-descriptive. I think that the dashboard should either have forum status data, or a visible link to this part of the site, to remove confusion.

All in all, fantastic job on the design part!

Hi Miso,

Thanks for the kind words…we’re really happy with how it all came together!

1. We’re somewhat limited on what we can do with this due to how Discourse is setup and some customizations we’ve had to make for other styling concerns. I don’t think there is much we can do here for super long threads like that. That showcase thread is getting a bit old, so we may consider opening up a new one. I know that wouldn’t directly solve the problem but it would give a sort of reset to the whole process. I’ll keep an eye out for any other possibilities there may be.

2. Fair point. We could potentially solve this by adding a link to “My Topics” under the account dropdown. We were trying to keep everything as streamlined as possible, but I can see what you mean about having a way to quickly get to your posts. Let me know how that feels.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.