New design for my site - Is PRO suitable without custom development?

Hi there,
attached is the redesign for my site (www.thek9way.co.nz). I personally would struggle to do this with X (which I am currently using) . I am wondering if PRO allows me (as a non coder) to achieve the design attached without to much hazzle? I did the current site myself. Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
Bastian

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjtw9fo600c8nle/web_K9Way_V2.pdf?dl=0

Hi @thek9way,

I would say that it depends on what you consider “custom development”.

Some really basic CSS here and there is always needed. But you can easily google those easy fixes.

Hover states of images can also be done with CSS, or alternatively, by using The Grid or Essential Grid plugin. The latter is extremely well documented on Youtube, so you would be able to do it without coding, with some time invested.

Fading text on scroll is custom development, but I bet you can google that in no time. :slight_smile: It is just basic JS.

Cornerstone has custom CSS and custom JS boxes. You just add the required class into the class box of an element, and you are mostly good to go. :slight_smile:

I would go with Pro, and invest a day or two learning this basic CSS, which would benefit you in the long run. :slight_smile:

Thanks for chiming in, @Misho. That is right.

In Pro, there’s an option to make a bar sticky and you can control it’s background opacity without coding. Changing link hover color is available globally in both X and Pro.

The grid part could be done using either The Grid or Essential Grid plugin. This would require you to build your own skin though which is outside the scope of our support.

Other items in your design would requires custom CSS and Javascript. If you’re interested, we do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at [email protected] if this is of interest to you. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thanks.