New CS7 breaks custom elements

Hi there

We’ve got some websites running 15-20 custom CS Elements. When updating from CS6 to CS7, then all of the custom elements stop working, and the shortcode for each element is outputted on the frontend.

1. How to debug this?
  2. Is there any (new?) documentation on creating custom CS Elements?

Thanks

1 Like

this is very interesting and important. we also have a few websites that we can’t upgrade (are still on pro 3.x) because of the custom elements.
unfortunately the documentation, regarding API, Custom Elements, is not really customer friendly.

i think here was on the part of theme.co not paid attention to be backwards compatible. unfortunately, this now costs again neat money to bring everything to the last state…

Docs on custom elements below. I’d follow the example where it uses the builder. I can attest the docs still work although more could added. The app itself won’t give you many hints if your custom element is improperly setup unfortunately. To see what controls and elements you are receiving. The XHR request late-data will have all the element data, however it’s a little hard to parse. Use the following definition to disable GZIP of these requests.

I’ll run through custom element plugins in Cornerstone Standalone and let you know if there is anything weird going on. In the next release we will have a fix that allows classic elements in Cornerstone Standalone to work properly so that issue could be tied to this.

define( 'CS_DISABLE_GZIP', true );

Just started playing around with Elements API for the first time… ever. And the Sample Element plugin causes a fatal error on the site as soon as the element is used on a page. Looks like the cs_attr_class referenced throughout the docs is non-existent now?

Was easily fixed by changing things out arbitrarily to 'class' => trim($class),

But seems odd. Is Element API a deprecated feature / no longer being updated or supported?

In the next release we will have a fix that allows classic elements in Cornerstone Standalone to work properly so that issue could be tied to this.

Any idea of date for next release? Thanks!

Hi @mediegruppen,

Not sure about the dates, but our development team is working on the fixes and a few other points, and hopefully will release soon.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye on this.
If you get any news on this matter, please reply.

Thanks once again

Hi @mediegruppen,

Sure.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.