New Cornerstone Update [2.0.1 ] produces conflict error

When I try to edit a page in X or the customizer I get the following message:

“A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.”

This happened immediately after I updated Cornerstone last night 3rd October 2017. I can’t access the new builder layout buttons. When I click on them the cursor just hovers over them like they are disabled.

I am just a guy like you but what I would try if I were you is clearing the cache. If you are using a CDN then make sure its cleared too. Worth a shot. I had the same issue, I cleared the cache and reloaded that page.

Thank You for the reply @Bark201

I have tried that already but to no avail!

I do have a request to update the X Theme and maybe that will solve it but I am afraid it might ruin my entire site. I have just finished building it for a client and I want to make sure I have it fully backedUp before I started updating themes etc.

I wonder is there any way to roll back to a previous Cornerstone version like 2.0.0?

Any help is much apreciated

Thanks

Well of course you will need to update X theme too lol You cant just update cornerstone and not the theme, no wonder you got that error. You have to update cornerstone and the theme too. If you are concerned take a backup now so you can restore if something goes wrong.

1 Like

Hello @Daltai,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the trouble you are facing.

We have released maintenance update that comes with bunch of bug fixes. You can review the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/) for more details. What I would suggest you is to copy the website on a test server and then run the update. If you don’t see any issues on the test server you can proceed to update the live website. If you don’t want to test the update process on test server then my suggestion would be to first take a complete website backup and after that run the update.

@Bark201 thanks a lot for helping our community member. :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

1 Like