New Cornerstone Classic Text

We noticed that in the latest version of the Classic Text, editing in the sidebar’s Content > Edit Text got worse/problematic:

Mouse over Text Content input field does not show anymore “Click to Edit ->” link.

Instead, you can edit text directly in the tiny unresizable input field, which is not functional for anything longer than one or two sentences.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 115822

Yes, there is a new arrow which opens a pop-up modal window with a big input field, but that arrow is not at the best position from the UX standing point. Prevouse solution with mouse over was way better and more intuitive.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 120217

The solution could also be to put an arrow somewhere closer to the input field, like under or in the bottom right corner of the input field.

There are also some glitches introduced:

#2.1
When you copy-paste longer text directly into the input field, the HTML/RichText/pop-up and almost all Editor buttons disappear.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 114616

To get those elements back, you need to select some other element on the page and then reselect the Classic Text element.

#2.2
When having longer text, the scrollbar is partially visible, and the scroll-down button is totally invisible.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 122134

Option to grab bottom-right corner and vertically resize the input field might also help.

#2.3
Missing button for opening more formatting options, like h1, h2, …

Screenshot 2023-03-20 123741

Previous version:

Screenshot 2023-03-20 122624

Screenshot 2023-03-20 123555

The pop-up window has this button, and it works fine.

Otherwise, having a pop-up resizable modal window (new version) is a far better solution than previous in-the-sidebar editing. Thanks for that! :slight_smile:

Kind regards.

Hi @dasbios,

Thanks for your suggestions regarding the Classic Text element. I would like to tell you that all those options are available with the Text element. I would suggest you use the V2 elements instead of the Classic elements. I have also checked the copy-paste issue you described here, but unfortunately, didn’t find the issue in my local environment.

Thanks

With V2 Elements client can change too many things, and that quickly messes up the aesthetic of the site.

This also results in inconsistent designs between pages that soon are impossible to control and manage. Later design changes/updates are also a nightmare - you have to go page by page and change things instead of centrally modifying one CSS.

Is there any solution to this?
How would you approach this?

Hi @dasbios,

Unfortunately, there is no solution to this. You need to use the popup arrow to get the Toggle option. What I can do, is check the possibilities of this and will add this as a feature request, so our development team will consider it in near future.

Thanks

Yes, please, that is what we are really missing and would be most welcome!

It’s more like bringing back the functionality that you already had implemented. :slight_smile:

Great. Thanks for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.