Needing help to get started

I am new to Wordpress coming from a background of HTML coding.
Sofar the transition hasn’t been great but I am persevering!
I bought the ‘X’ theme thinking that it would be a good starting point to build my new site. But I am having many, many problems, mostly because I can’t work out where to find things.

This is how the site looks at the moment and there are several things I don’t like, can you help me to fix them?
1 - I don’t want the name of the page as it is shown at the moment ‘Login’ for this page
2 - The coding at the bottom was an experiment about 3 theme ago that went wrong, how do I get rid of that?
3 - Menu bar background colour, how can I change that?
4 - Menu bar buttons, don’t like the way they look, how do I change that?

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Hey,

Thank you for writing in!

To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

There is no URL yet as I am developing the website on my local server.
There is no way I would release the site as it stands at the moment for public view.

Hi There,

It would be much easier if we could inspect the site, anyways. 1) Try using a page template Blank - No Container | Header, Footer (https://prnt.sc/g0uls7)

  1. That seems to be a shortcode that was hook on the bottom of your page, do you remember how was that added? My guess that it was added with a custom functions on your child theme’s functions.php file, investigate this file and if you see the shortcode there, remove the function that is hooking that shortcode.

Do not edit this file on dashboard > editor, because you can be lock up from your site if you mess up this file. Edit the file directly via FTP (or in your case edit the file locally on your text editor).

  1. Add this on Theme Options > CSS
header .x-navbar {
	background-color: darkcyan;
}
  1. Navigate to Theme Options > Header and reduce the NAVBAR TOP LINK SPACING, your logo and menu should be inline.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Awesome, your help is much appreciated!

Will have a go at your suggestions today and report back!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!