Need some help with my website

Hi Themeco, X Theme community,

I created a website last week and can’t seem to know what’s the problem with the website.
Formatting seems a bit off on the home page, the posts after the latest posts all seems weird and don’t look like the original posts at all.

This is my website - https://www.tannatime.com/
Please help me look at what’s the problem and how to fix this.

Thank you for reading and looking forward to a solution soon!

Best regards,
Tanna

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! I see that HTML code is appearing on your homepage.

Which means either your shortcodes or custom codes used, doesn’t properly closed. Or if you’re using shortcodes in a text element, you need to switch to Text mode before adding your codes.

Thanks!

Hi mldarshana,

Thank you for your reply! Sorry for the late reply, I’m using the cornerstone plugin to do my website.
Can you explain how should I be writing my posts?

I thought I can simply use the cornerstone to do all my articles but why do the shortcodes not close them properly?
Since it looks fine in their own post, there shouldn’t be any problems on the homepage.

Hope I can fix this soon!

Best regards,
Tanna

Hi Tanna,

I checked your website and I could not replicate the issue Darshana saw, have you perhaps turned off Cornerstone at some point?

You can edit your posts and pages with Cornerstone with no problems, the shortcodes which are automatically generated by the builder definitely close well, it could be possible you edited and deleted something by mistakes, but let’s suppose that is not the case just yet.

I don’t see any problems on your home page, if you see any, please provide a screenshot.

If the issue persists, please provide your login credentials in a secure note.

Thank you

Hi Joao,

The first thing I did when I setup my website was to install X-Theme, and have been using Cornerstone to do all my pages and posts.

On the home page, the latest posts will always look fine, but the posts after all looked broken.

These are how the post Monster Hunter: World - Character Creation looks on the homepage but don’t look like what it is on the post itself.

Realized I can only post one image, so I posted the first one.

Thanks for looking into it.

Best regards,
Tanna

Hi Tanna,

Would you mind providing your Admin login credentials in a secure note? so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

  • Insert secure note -

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! There must be something wrong in this page:
https://tannatime.com/monster-hunter-world-character-creation/

Did you did the page outside of Cornerstone? Please do not edit the page outside of Cornerstone. Only do your edits when you are using Cornerstone. Doing so will break the Cornerstone data and messed up the layout.

Do you have any caching feature or does your hosting provider has a caching mechanism? Please clear your cache or site cache first before testing the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel,

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned earlier, I did everything solely on X-Theme/X-Theme Child without any modification to the theme’s settings. All post was done on Cornerstone itself.

May I know what’s wrong with the linked page? Maybe I can learn and see if I can fix it myself.
That’s not the only page that looks weird on the homepage however.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Tanna

Hey There,

Did you duplicated the post or re created it from scratched? The correct way of duplicating a post using Cornerstone is by utilizing the Cornerstone template feature. You will have to create a post or page and then save the page as a Cornerstone Template. When you create another page/post, you can then simply load the Cornerstone template and have the same page/post layout and continue your edits. Please check out “Working with Templates” in this knowledge base article for more information.

Please insert a featured image for your post and also add a manual excerpt. It is necessary because if you used Cornerstone to create a post, nothing will display in the archive pages or blog index just like this page: https://tannatime.com/tag/beta/

Excerpts are optional hand-crafted summaries of your content that can be used in your theme. Learn more about manual excerpts.

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

As far as I recall, no I did not recreated any post. There’s only a few posts that I created and all using only Cornerstone.
I will check out templates in the future when I create new posts, I believe it will speed up the process of creating posts too but for now I guess I just want to fix this current issue.

Sure, I will work on adding the featured image post tomorrow. Hopefully that will also help fix the problem I’m facing now.

Best regards,
Tanna

Hi Tanna,

Honestly, this issue of yours is very weird, never saw anything like this (kind of).

This showing shortcodes on the front-end issue has 2 common causes.


First is your Cornerstone is not installed/or not active, but we know that your Cornerstone is install and active so we can disregard this possibility now.

Second, is an syntax error commonly an unclosed HTML tags (<div>, <p>, <strong>, <br />, etc.), now I can help you check on this, the problem is your post Monster Hunter: World – Character Creation has some kind of “second-self” (as cat and as human) :grinning:

If I could just check that post as a cat, I could help you find the syntax error. But no, every time I open that post in Cornerstone it is showing as human :thinking:

Maybe you can remember what you did, or something happen before this issue?
And is that post Monster Hunter: World – Character Creation supposed to have the cat character?

Please do this 2 things, first deactivate all your plugins (except Cornerstone) and see if that resolves the issue. If it is, you know one of your plugin is causing it. Second save that Monster Hunter: World – Character Creation post as a Cornerstone template (.csl file), then trash and delete that post. Create a new posts with a slightly different title and import the Cornerstone template (.csl file) on that post.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Thank you for looking into this and the honest feedback!

I did what you advised and disabled the plugins except Cornerstone and the problem persisted.
I also saved the template and created a new post and uploaded the template.

The problem still exists, I’m really not sure what’s causing this problem.

Should I just change my website to static instead?

Best regards,
Tanna

Hi there,

I checked the case and I have a theory regarding this.

The post with the problem has about 18 sections and it is pretty long one. Install the Duplicate Post plugin and clone that specific post. Then unpublish the original post and go to the cloned post and delete some of the sections.

Check the homepage and if the problem is not there anymore it seems that there is a limitation on your server when it comes to PHP usage. It can be a Memory Limit which you will need to increase or another case which you need to contact your hosting service provider to follow up.

Finally, I suggest that instead of having the whole content of the post showing in the homepage you go to each post and click on the Screen Options at the top and enable the excerpts option:

Then, a new box will appear for you at the bottom of the page which you can type or paste a short description of the post:

That description will show alongside the Featured Image on the homepage and as soon as the visitor clicks on the title it will show the whole blog single post.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your suggestion. I did as you suggested, however the posts are still broken.
I reduced that said post to only 4 sections. I will leave the cloned post up in the meantime and leave the original post as draft for now.

I also enabled the excerpts (though I’m not sure what excerpts are for) and added the Featured Image.
Nothing seems to change for some reason. With the login access given, are you able to check the codes to see what’s wrong?

Thank you guys for trying your best to help me solve this. It’s pretty frustrating as I want to post as many articles and as soon as possible too since it’s the crucial period for this game’s launch.

Best regards,
Tanna

Hi Tanna,

Currently x is having trouble rendering multiple and long instances of cornerstone posts in 1 page. We are currently looking into it so we could fix this bug.

For now can you create those posts using the normal wordpress editor(not using cornerstone), so it will be displayed normally. So that you can post those articles. I also want to see your site up and running because I’m also a fan of monster hunter world myself.

1 Like

Hi Albrechtx,

Thank you for the reply! I guess I will try to change the format and see if using static would solve my current situation then!
You guys have been trying, I appreciate it!

Best regards,
Tanna

edit: Oh yes, I’m thinking of switching to Pro and try it out. Not sure what the difference is but I’ll check it out and probably start using Pro!

Hi There,

The main difference is that PRO offers the Footer and Header Builder which are amazing tools to creating stunning header and footers.

Hope it helps!

Hi Joao,

Thank you for the response! I converted to PRO shortly after replying and tried out a little. It’s amazing!
Happy to have switched.

Best regards,
Tanna

You’re most welcome!